Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

C'mon ST, its dark now, have you been :laugh:

Have you beeeen Walter, Peggy Mount......good times :laugh:

Yes Ive beeeen Stealthy one :thumbs:

The rifle that the NS200 is going on, is away with John Bowkett at the moment.

So I just took the unit and scope to a field for a quick pan around.

Very impressed, nice clear picture, and with the 4 IR settings, the reach was good.

Will play more when my rifle comes home again. :thumbs:

ATB,.

Bill.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

I missed the Nitesite demonstration at my local gunshop but the owner was good enough to lend me the shops ns200 demo unit which ive been using for the past week. I currently use a sony handycam/n1000 i.r laser set up but after using the ns200 for a week i want one! I really like the heads up shooting position with the ns200 its much easier scanning for rabbits than looking through the cam/scope set up. The field of view is also much better than the camcorder/scope. You also use the scope's zoom with the ns200 rather than the camcorder zoom.

The only other set up i considered was the n550 but at almost twice the cost it was a no no. The fact that the 550 is also a dedicated unit also put me off. Where as with the ns200 i can very quickly change between my fac rapid, rimmie and sub 12ft lb ultra.

Just to add the only real downside imo is the brightness of the screen which could be dimmed using a gel filter (although in use this didnt seem to bother the rabbits).

Just my view on the ns200 lads hope it helps out anyone who is considering this excellent piece of kit.

Hi Optilic.

Nice post mate.

Glad your enjoying your unit too, great bit of kit.

I have tried some red film over my screen, and it definatly softens the glare.

Have been advised that orange works even better for the picture contrast ( According to a photographer )

Trying to source some gel film for it, so if you happen to come accross a source, please give me a shout :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Just an update on what Si posted regards the Nite Hunter Add On.

The Upgraded Unit was tested by Pete, John and Myself tonight. The unit will be tested again and again until Antony & Pete are 100% Happy. At the moment all i can say is its looking really good and by the time its finished i honestly think nothing will touch it. Personally i think its ready, They have cracked it, but these lads want to get it right, hassle free first time.

I've used alot of NV up to Gen 3 but i wont compare it to gen3 as its a Digital Add On. People see it different regards IR source etc etc

This Nite Hunter Unit compared to the likes of the N550 etc will blow it away hands down. I've used the N550 and the Nite Hunter Unit i tested tonight was in a different league.

Its just a case of waiting, i'm sure it will be worth it.

In the mean time Pete uploads short clips on his Youtube channel. It will be updated soon. Its far from a read up as hes still in testing, but it gives you an idea of quality non the less.

http://www.youtube.com/user/b4ger731

Edited by BooMster

Found some Gel filter :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ca92d25d8

Thanks for the heads up mate. Reckon im buying an ns200 when i take the one i borrowed back to the shop :thumbs:

Your welcome buddy :thumbs:

When you buy your Ns 200, give me a shout and Ill send you some of my Gel filter, its quite a big sheet 4'x21" I think :icon_eek:

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 1

Hi Boomaster.

The footage is very impresive, be interesting to see the new model.

When is it due out on the shelf, must be close now?

Good luck with it, Im sure it will be a big hit going by the recommedations and sample footage.

ATB.

Bill.

In all honesty i dont think anyone can give an answer to that. Final tweaks,test,deals etc etc will determine this. I wouldn't like to give an answer.

The Yutube Channel will be updated soon as we got more footage last night..

Atb

Rick

EDITED FOR LADS ON THE NIGHT VISION FORUM

Over 600 yards in total darkness and could make it out with the unit through the rifle scope -

This is the range we were told the pole was ranged at using a range finder from the rifle location to the top of the hill (I varified this with Anthoni today on the phone and he believed he heard this too). Lasers do skip especially on small objects on a brow of a hill so this range could of showed up on the LRF quite easily as we were informed. It was dark when the pole was first mentioned so we never ranged it ourselves but took the distance for a true distance. The post was seen through the unit but it wasn't a bright image at this distance (I never said it was), just viewable to know it was a telegraph pole easily enough. If there would of been a wild animal there I.E fox, deer you would of seen eye shine easy enough to know something was there but no outline at this range would of been detected on anything smaller than a deer I reckon in my own opinion. The exact range I have just looked at on Google Earth is 436 yards to the pole on the hill. The pole can be seen if you zoom in close enough which is what i did first. 2 or 3 other people also witnessed this as well as myself through the rifle scope

The car and sign were at 300 yards -

This was also told to us as had been ranged using a LRF and is a correct distance. The exact range is 327 yards. At this range the picture was amazingly clear being a full and bright picture with the IR switched on. 3 or 4 people as well as myself also witnessed this view.

Regarding gen 3 and above, just so some of you know. I'm in the military lads (army to be precise) and I use regularly and have owned gen 3 NV equipment myself. I have used gen 3 on operations in sandy countries and probably have more proper experience with it than a lot of others readers. Not being a engineer myself I don't know all the insides of what makes a good unit but I do know its comparabilities very well. I have also just borrowed a gen 3 NV piece at this moment from the army for another project myself too and I can say with some experience that this new digi add on from Nite - Hunter with the IR switched on is very good and up to 327 yards as i have witnessed is as good as a gen 3 unit for picture quality and brightness. Without the IR turned on i cannot comment as i never witnessed it myself.

Hope this helps clear a few things up and clears my name some what, you guys dont take any prisioners do you? LOL.

A proper fair and true review will be carried out within the next 2 to 3 weeks of the Digi spotter first followed by the Digi add on once Anthoni is happy with all its changes and its ready for us on VerminHuntersTV.

Will will be ranging distances correctly and looking at the units from a civilian night time animal watcher aspect, military covert operations aspect, hunting aspect and pack packers aspect so covering the whole marketing bracket.

Kind regards

Si Pittaway

post-2627-0-40673500-1327661197_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-92855300-1327661201_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini

Why do I get the feeling theres a bit of competition creeping in here, my cats blacker than your black cat etc :laugh:

Im sure both units will have their uses and followers.

The NS200 is a very usable piece of equipment, its effective and light, and deserves a place in the market, because IT WORKS.

Same as the unit Nite-Hunter are developing, Im sure will be a brilliant product, and cover a wide section of the market.

So lets give both products a fair go, and stop all the oneupmanship :yes::laugh::toast:

Kind Regards.

Bill.

Why do I get the feeling theres a bit of competition creeping in here, my cats blacker than your black cat etc :laugh:

The NS200 is a very usable piece of equipment, its effective and light, and deserves a place in the market, because IT WORKS.

Same as the unit Nite-Hunter are developing, Im sure will be a brilliant product, and cover a wide section of the market.

So lets give both products a fair go, and stop all the oneupmanship :yes::laugh::toast:

Kind Regards.

Bill.

Its seems the competition does not end with the unit.

I've just spoken to Pete "The onther guy responsible for the unit that night Hunter "Antony" is building and hes asked me to say on his behalf that he's claimed 300yards from day one. He still sticks to this claim. nothing more.

It seems alot of people are questioning the distance this unit can reach so Pete,John and myself will be making a short video to cover the range issue's wether true or false.

The rest will be left with you.

Atb

Rick

Kind Regards.

Bill.

Its seems the competition does not end with the unit.

I've just spoken to Pete "The onther guy responsible for the unit that night Hunter "Antony" is building and hes asked me to say on his behalf that he's claimed 300yards from day one. He still sticks to this claim. nothing more.

It seems alot of people are questioning the distance this unit can reach so Pete,John and myself will be making a short video to cover the range issue's wether true or false.

The rest will be left with you.

Atb

Rick

Hi Rick,

Do us a favour mate please and read the whole post i did.

I never said EVER that you can use the digi add on to shoot quarry / game at 600 yards. I said i could make out a pole at 600 yards through the rifle scope (now proven by myself as 436 yards (still very good in my book).

There is no competeion in my eyes going on here, I dont get anything out of selling the products for Nite - Hunter i just enjoy reviewing them.

Im just clearing my name and yes Pete did and as always claimed 300 yards for shooting with which i agree with whole heartedly from what i have seen of the unit.

By lads twisting my words and posting my post from here onto the night vision forum it as started a long and intense post on the night vision section that wasnt needed. I dont like my name or honesty being questioned especially when my words are twisted and changed bit by bit over a long thread.

Here are the facts mate as i see them and it stops here from me.

Up to 300 yards i have seen the unit to be very good and clear.

At 400 yards a object like a telegraph pole can be seen and made out but not bright or super clear to the eye.

300 yards is a very fair max range to shoot with this bit of kit at in my own opinion.

I have also spoken to Pete just and he now remembers us looking at the telegraph pole on the hill, go onto the night vision forum now and you will see his recent post about this and varifying it.

Me and Pete are also friends so i would never slate his claim or say he claimed other and more than 300 yards. These distances and his claims have been changed by others over the course of the long thread but Pete is inicent as am i less for making a error in the pole, but like i said lasers do skip and the laser could of said 600 yards when it was pressed.

Hope this clears things up yet again.

ATB

Si.

Edited by zini

Zini

I never stated you shot ran jogged or twisted anything regards this 600 yards. I was asked to reply on behalf of pete to cover what was bein said.

Aim this at me all you wish, but if you take the time to review others comments then you will see all i have done is back up Petes claims.

I'm a grown man with a family and all this sh*t with Night Hunter this and that is behond a joke. Do as you please, Thats the last time i defend anyone apart from myself.

I'm no ones B*tch so argue with the people who stated it.

What i will say is the Second Google Earth photo you placed on here is incorrect. I have permission to shoot behind the huge field that you have marked from aston to the rocky road that i add you cannot see as the corn field is on a hill. A quarter of the distance you have marked is not possible from the cafe.

Atb

Rick

• Like 1