Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

good shooting bill, now most importantly, if the rabbits arent out, can you retune the screen to pick up the only way is essex? :laugh:

looks a very impressive bit of kit mate, hows the filter working?

cheers, wurz

Aye up Wurz.

Cheers mate, but all I did was point the thing :laugh:

Funny you should mention the lack of bunnies, and the potential to retune the screen :hmm:

I have looked into the posibilities of linking with a lightwieght Mini dish.

BUT......delving into it even more, I have found that the costs would outwiegh the benifits.

KNEW I SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR THE BLACK N WHITE ONE...........LIecence is much cheaper :laugh:

Yes buddy, it is VERY impressive and an absolute pleasure to use, I had the biggest grin :D

My mate Rich enjoyed himself too.....think he may be lusting after one :angel::laugh:

The filter worked a treat mate, sharpened up the image contrast, helps keep the glare down too.

I reckon they will do well with this idea.

ATB

Bill.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

:laugh::tongue2: Darkone :whistling:

Pellets arrived for the Sculptra, so was able to zero the rifle in, and check sight marks this afternoon, in readiness to fit the Nitesite to it.

In the end I had left the nitesite running on the new lightwieght battery for 5 HOURS....and it was still going strong.

After zeroing I attached the nitesite to the Sculptra in daylight.

From 30yds, shooting at 12cm red discs, ten shots at each disc, I achieved good accuracy VERY easily with the nitesite.

Heres the taget.

post-41269-0-95688900-1328732508_thumb.jpg

Later, as it got dark, we wrapped some cheap plastic balls in tin foil, and used them as targets, again it was easy to hit them using the nitesite at 30 ish yds.

Both Rich and I hammered them.

We made up a target using small tin foil patches on paper, the nitesite lit the patches up well, and we again achieved good accuracy.

Camera gave up the ghost, Rich will post the pics :laugh:

A day or two ago, Rich and I lazed some trees in a nieghbouring field, out to 180yds.

We turned on the nitesite, and panned it across the field, we could clearly see two bunnies playing at the base of the tree on 8.5 X mag, eyes lit up nicely.

So this unit has a fair old reach for sure, MORE than enough to use with sub 12ftlb air rifles at night.

As I said before, the reach of this unit is handy to scan ahead and see whats out.

Do I think the nitesite is worth the money, and does it live up to expectations....in a word YES.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this unit to anyone, its brilliant.

Hope to be out with it on the bunnies or rats soon.

ATB.

Bill.

Here's one of the pics Bill,

DSC00308-Copy.jpg

Struggling with rest of um, but not bad for first effort

cheers Rich

Hi Rich.

Propper job mate, well done you :boogy:

The picture shows the foil patches we were shooting at from 30yds in darkness, using the reticule displayed on the Nitesite screen.

Both ten shot groups.

The picture speaks for itself.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

Hi Rich.

The picture shows the foil patches we were shooting at from 30yds in darkness, using the reticule displayed on the Nitesite screen.

Both ten shot groups.

Bill.

Had to use a 1pence piece, could't afford 5p, and i have no Scottish blood in me lol

Well, I have had the Nitesite running for 3 hours now on the lightwieght battery, still going strong!!

I have attached the battery to the butt of the Sculptra.

The wiers are not a problem at all, they are tucked away nicely, handling will not be a problem at all.

Having a spare lightwieght battery, means that, at the moment, I am guarenteed at least 6hrs of use in the field, not that I will ever be out that long :laugh::whistling:

Here,s a picture of the set up now.

post-41269-0-84422200-1328700579.jpg

ATB.

Bill.

The set up is looking sweet Bill! Im going to order a couple of lightweight batteries next week. Yours look nice and compact attached to your stock :thumbs:

Mick

Well, I have had the Nitesite running for 3 hours now on the lightwieght battery, still going strong!!

The wiers are not a problem at all, they are tucked away nicely, handling will not be a problem at all.

Having a spare lightwieght battery, means that, at the moment, I am guarenteed at least 6hrs of use in the field, not that I will ever be out that long :laugh::whistling:

ATB.

Bill.

The set up is looking sweet Bill! Im going to order a couple of lightweight batteries next week. Yours look nice and compact attached to your stock :thumbs:

Mick

Forgot to ask Bill did you have the nitesite on the highest i.r setting when testing the lightweight batteries? :hmm:

Thanks

Mick

Hi Rich.

Both ten shot groups.

Bill.

Had to use a 1pence piece, could't afford 5p, and i have no Scottish blood in me lol

Tight bucker you..... :laugh: :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Mick

Hiya Mick.

Thank you mate, I am pleased with the set up :thumbs:

After the John Bowkett Blueprint, the rifle is shooting very well indeed, so pleased with it.

The Batteries are a great buy for the nitesite Mick, they make it a very portable unit.

The beauty is, they just plug straight in, no alterations to do what so ever :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

ATB.

Bill.

Mick

Forgot to ask Bill did you have the nitesite on the highest i.r setting when testing the lightweight batteries? :hmm:

Thanks

Mick

No I did not Mick, it was on the first setting.

I need to run the test again, as the battery I was using, was still going strong after 5 hours, I had to stop it to go out.

Next time I will run it on the highest setting and see what we get time wise.

As I said above, as it stands, with the two batteries tested so far, on the first setting, your guarenteed 10 hours of opperation.

Its all good mate :yes::thumbs:

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd
  • Like 1

ATB.

Bill.

Mick

Thanks

Mick

No I did not Mick, it was on the first setting.

I need to run the test again, as the battery I was using, was still going strong after 5 hours, I had to stop it to go out.

Next time I will run it on the highest setting and see what we get time wise.

As I said above, as it stands, with the two batteries tested so far, on the first setting, your guarenteed 10 hours of opperation.

Its all good mate :yes::thumbs:

Bill.

Yeah im defo getting a couple mate. They are the way to go :thumbs:

I will hopefully get out on the rats/rabbits in the next few days depending on the snow coverage out here.

Mick

Mick

Hi Mick.

I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )

The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.

So using the unit on max power, you would get nearly 5 hrs of use, with the two batteries, :thumbs:

All good mate :boogy:

Bill.

• Like 1

Hi Mick.

I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )

So using the unit on max power, you would get nearly 5 hrs of use, with the two batteries, :thumbs:

Bill.

Thats good mate! One more question :rolleyes: are your batterys 6800 mah or 2800 mah? Bit confused as to which ones to buy lol.

Thanks Bill

Hi Mick.

Bill.

Thats good mate! One more question :rolleyes: are your batterys 6800 mah or 2800 mah? Bit confused as to which ones to buy lol.

Thanks Bill

The ones I have are.......Super Rechargable li-ion Model T-1248A 4800mAh.

Ordered mine from Ebay seller toto-city good people to deal with mate.

When you order, be sure to ask for UK plug type :thumbs: two pin, so need shaver plug Mick.

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 1

hi

Some nice groups there,and good tip with the foil :thumbs:

Davy

Hi Davy.

Cheers buddy :thumbs:

Yes the foil work well, we had some fun with it as you saw.

I wanted to hit the targets first, now have confidence in the unit, so look out bunnies :D

You been up to much mate ?

Bill.