Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

Hello, is that the police, there's strange blue squares wandering round my field, it may be an alien invasion :laugh:

You got the STRANGE bit right "Darkmaster".....but the squares will be Amber......not BLUE :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2::D

Hello, is that the police again, I meant to say amber squares :laugh:

Hello, is that the police, there's strange blue squares wandering round my field, it may be an alien invasion :laugh:

You got the STRANGE bit right "Darkmaster".....but the squares will be Amber......not BLUE :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2::D

Hello, is that the police again, I meant to say amber squares :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::notworthy:

Found some Gel filter :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ca92d25d8

Thanks for the heads up mate. Reckon im buying an ns200 when i take the one i borrowed back to the shop :thumbs:

Your welcome buddy :thumbs:

When you buy your Ns 200, give me a shout and Ill send you some of my Gel filter, its quite a big sheet 4'x21" I think :icon_eek:

ATB.

Bill.

Thats a kind offer Bill thanks very much ;)

Hi Mick.

Have you given any thought to producing any footage with the Nitesite?

What would you say would be a good capture unit?

Already been mentioned is the Yukon MPR, and the Dazzle.

I have no clue with either of them :icon_redface::laugh: do you think they woud be compatable with the NS50/200?

I suppose a lot depends on leads etc?

Heres a couple of links mate.

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Yukon_Mobile_Player_Recorder/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=directory&utm_content=GBR&currency=GBP&country=GBR&SelectedBundle=165572

Dazzle.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/Dazzle+Video+Archiving/Dazzle+Video+Creator+Platinum.htm

What you think?

ATB.

bill.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up mate. Reckon im buying an ns200 when i take the one i borrowed back to the shop :thumbs:

When you buy your Ns 200, give me a shout and Ill send you some of my Gel filter, its quite a big sheet 4'x21" I think :icon_eek:

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Mick.

I have no clue with either of them :icon_redface::laugh: do you think they woud be compatable with the NS50/200?

http://www.outdoorgb...edBundle=165572

Dazzle.

http://www.pinnacles...or+Platinum.htm

What you think?

ATB.

bill.

Lol i was going to ask you much of the same mate! Ive seen various vids of the ns200 and wondered myself what would be the best way to go recording unit wise? Im seriously un-techy!! So any thoughts are on this are good! Thanks for the links. The Yukon seems very pricey! I saw a clip somewhere on youtube with a guy who used a mobile phone sized recording device on his ns200 but didnt say exactly what it was...

I took my onloan unit back today but my own n200 will be in the shop thursday :thumbs:

Edited by optelic2

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Mick.

Dazzle.

What you think?

ATB.

bill.

Lol i was going to ask you much of the same mate! Ive seen various vids of the ns200 and wondered myself what would be the best way to go recording unit wise? Im seriously un-techy!! So any thoughts are on this are good! Thanks for the links. The Yukon seems very pricey! I saw a clip somewhere on youtube with a guy who used a mobile phone sized recording device on his ns200 but didnt say exactly what it was...

I took my onloan unit back today but my own n200 will be in the shop thursday :thumbs:

Hi Mick.

What a pair we are... :laugh::thumbs:

I can visualise your face handing back the ns200 :cray: ............but then roll on Thursday mate :boogy:

Posted your Filter this morning :thumbs:

Bill.

• Like 1

After emailing Jacob at sales for Nitesite, and receiving a very helpfull reply I have been having a look around for suitable Portable DVRs.

Found this one:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-2.0inch-lcd-dvr-and-micro-spy-camera-510869

Looks like a nice usable unit, small, light and not too expensive.

Would mean a bit of alteration to a lead, but nothing too difficult.......says he :D

Food for thought :hmm:

Bill.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Mick.

Dazzle.

What you think?

ATB.

bill.

Hi Mick.

What a pair we are... :laugh::thumbs:

I can visualise your face handing back the ns200 :cray: ............but then roll on Thursday mate :boogy:

Posted your Filter this morning :thumbs:

Bill.

yes it was hard work parting with it Bill :cray: but i should hopefully be out with my own tomorrow night :boogy: Thanks for the filter mate. if your ever my way ive got a cracking rabbit shoot your welcome to join me on :thumbs:

Hi Mick.

Shame buddy....they give snow, rain, fog, pestulance and plauge for Thurs night :D:angel:

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Got my rifle back from John Bowkett this morning, just put it back together and scoped it up.

Will need to chrono and re zero either tomorrow or Friday.

Glad the Filter turned up for you :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind offer of the shoot Mick, same applies to you if ever your down this way :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 1

Not a very good write up in the march Sporting shooter (nitesite) page 36 .

Hiya Bud.

What was the review saying about it, was it all bad :D

Ive just got in from the shop with the magazine and it says-

"Easy to use and set up and soon put some bunnies in the bag. Image quality was pretty good and range impressive. Drawbacks? A few; there are plenty of wires and bits hanging on your setup. It is easy to knock the adaptorand affect the view through the scope (although this is easily readjusted) and like all nightvision systems, unless you have a seperate night sight to scan the fields with, you have to use your rifle setup to scan for animals. Not something i would ever do with a centrefire or even a rimfire. Also the glowing screen doesnt do much for your own night vision and the reflection may deter a cautious fox.

(The ns200 was mounted on a .17 hmr) After reading this review i wonder how long the reviewers had actually used the ns200 for im guessing a night or so as i disagree with most of the comments on the systems alleged drawbacks. I had an ns200 on loan for nearly two weeks and tried it on three different rifles, fac air, sub 12ft lb air and rimfire on rabbits and rats at night. I Never once knocked the day scope adaptor or had a problem with the "wires and bits hanging everywhere".

I also had no problem using the site as a scanning device in fact i found it easier than using a normal dedicated/add on unit as with the screen mounted above the scope i didnt have to have my rifle up in the aim to scan the fields which can be tiring after a while. I also had no problem safety wise doing this with my rimmie. Im ex forces and gun safety is second nature and isnt it common sense not to have your finger anywhere near the trigger when your 'scanning'?

The review also made no comment on how quick this system is to change between different rifles which if your like me with numerous different set ups the ns200 is ideal.

Just my thoughts lads :thumbs:

Not a very good write up in the march Sporting shooter (nitesite) page 36 .

Hiya Bud.

What was the review saying about it, was it all bad :D

Ive just got in from the shop with the magazine and it says-

"Easy to use and set up and soon put some bunnies in the bag. Image quality was pretty good and range impressive. Drawbacks? A few; there are plenty of wires and bits hanging on your setup. It is easy to knock the adaptorand affect the view through the scope (although this is easily readjusted) and like all nightvision systems, unless you have a seperate night sight to scan the fields with, you have to use your rifle setup to scan for animals. Not something i would ever do with a centrefire or even a rimfire. Also the glowing screen doesnt do much for your own night vision and the reflection may deter a cautious fox.

(The ns200 was mounted on a .17 hmr) After reading this review i wonder how long the reviewers had actually used the ns200 for im guessing a night or so as i disagree with most of the comments on the systems alleged drawbacks. I had an ns200 on loan for nearly two weeks and tried it on three different rifles, fac air, sub 12ft lb air and rimfire on rabbits and rats at night. I Never once knocked the day scope adaptor or had a problem with the "wires and bits hanging everywhere".

I also had no problem using the site as a scanning device in fact i found it easier than using a normal dedicated/add on unit as with the screen mounted above the scope i didnt have to have my rifle up in the aim to scan the fields which can be tiring after a while. I also had no problem safety wise doing this with my rimmie. Im ex forces and gun safety is second nature and isnt it common sense not to have your finger anywhere near the trigger when your 'scanning'?

The review also made no comment on how quick this system is to change between different rifles which if your like me with numerous different set ups the ns200 is ideal.

Just my thoughts lads :thumbs:

Hi Mick.

RIGHT THATS IT !!!!

After reading that review he's written....Im taking mine back to the store I bought it from :laugh:

All his concerns, drawbacks, have already been addressed.....fine tuning I call it :D

More positive than negative I would say.

Never please everyone..... :D

Bill.

• Like 1