Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

Hi all.

Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.

Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me.

It can be added to a rifle scope in seconds, and removed with the same ease.

Swopping between rifles if needed, not a problem at all.

Can be used during the day, and at night, the picture quality looks amazing.

A clean and tidy unit, but the battery is the fly in the ointment, would need to wear that on a belt, but then, not a problem really I suppose.

There are two models to choose from, the NS50 = 50yds view, or the NS200 = 200yds view.

I went for the NS200 for a few reasons, one being a higher camera unit resolution, and the colour screen.

Also having the extra reach of vision will allow viewing of foreground and warrens etc from a reasonable distance, to see whats about, and plan the approach to the target.

Should be a bit of fun, have a few farms with rat problems, so will be put to good use.

Not sure about the video side of things being a complete technophobe :icon_redface:

But may make enquiries to see if the Yukon MPR Unit would be compatable.

Here's a link to the unit, it wont be everyones cup of tea, but I think its a brilliant unit, and perfect for my needs.

Also, cheaper than dedicated NV :thumbs:

http://www.nitesite....k/products.html

Some excellent footage here fron the NS50 :yes:

Will put up a review when I get out with it.

ATB.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd
  • Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

hi there , i have the ns50 , i think its a great bit of kit,can see out to 70 yards with it on a clear night , i have just got a lithium battery off ebay for it that can fit to the stock so no wires ,cost £15 and last for over 2hours at least , there is a thread in the night vision section with a link to the batteries if your interested . i dont think you will be disappionted with it though , great for the rats and rabbits alike .

cheers

Peter

Superb units was shooting with the ns200 the other night, happily spotting rabbits at 200 yards or so and shooting out to 90 yards.

Fantastic bit of technology, no point messing around with crappy video cameras and Boged mounts.

If you do a lot of night shooting these are the business.

Liam

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at 100yards, also slightly more compact

• Like 3

Good luck with it Clare, lots of people are doing them like kenhawker on airgun forum.

Are you going commercial with yours Clare?

These are an interesting development and as time goes on are only going to get better and cheaper.

Only need the Chinese to copy them and mass produce.

hi bill,

that looks an interesting bit of kit mate, looking forwards to hearing how you get on with it mate :thumbs:

cheers, wurz

Hi Wurz :thumbs:

Yes.....have to admit, Im all lathered up in atisipation :laugh:

Its good to see some positive post's from other users too, inspiers confidence.

I go to pick it up tomorrow morning, so, weather permitting I will be playing soon.

ATB.

Bill. :victory:

hi there , i have the ns50 , i think its a great bit of kit,can see out to 70 yards with it on a clear night , i have just got a lithium battery off ebay for it that can fit to the stock so no wires ,cost £15 and last for over 2hours at least , there is a thread in the night vision section with a link to the batteries if your interested . i dont think you will be disappionted with it though , great for the rats and rabbits alike .

cheers

Peter

Hiya Peter.

Thank you for the heads up on the Lithium batteries mate :thumbs: ....Ill go take a look.

Good to hear you are getting on well with your's, and that your happy with the performance of the unit.

Dont know how right it is, but the DSA bracket for a Merlin is supposed to fit the scope eye bell, and camera, negating the need for the rubber tubing ?

Have your heard this?.....not cheap at £89.99 + post of £3.99 mind you :huh:

ATB.

Bill.

Superb units was shooting with the ns200 the other night, happily spotting rabbits at 200 yards or so and shooting out to 90 yards.

Fantastic bit of technology, no point messing around with crappy video cameras and Boged mounts.

If you do a lot of night shooting these are the business.

Liam

Hi Liam.

As above, good to hear from another shooter happy with the unit.

This idea was maybe born from those video cameras that the pioneers cobbled together over the years......"Gawd bless em" :D Have you heard about the Merlin DSA fitting it mate?

ATB.

Bill.

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at 100yards, also slightly more compact

Hi Clare.

Same from me, good luck with your patent.

Look forward to seeing your work soon.

ATB.

Bill.

Good luck with it Clare, lots of people are doing them like kenhawker on airgun forum.

Are you going commercial with yours Clare?

These are an interesting development and as time goes on are only going to get better and cheaper.

Only need the Chinese to copy them and mass produce.

Hi Liam.

Only trouble with mass produced will be the impact on the bunny population as a whole when released.......wont be ought left :laugh:;)

ATB.

Bill.

you have my interest more detail would be appreciated.

Regards

hi there , i have heard about the dsa units , i just use the rubber attachment ,seems to work ok ,easy to put on and off ,especially when the battery is on the stock as theres nowt to pull at the camera.

Peter

Hi Peter.

Fair enough mate, and thanks for your advice.

Have just ordered two of the batteries, so Ill stick with the tubing and see how it goes.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

nice to see you back on the forum again :thumbs:

I wish you would of put this up earlier,as I may have been able to save you some cash?

and for a better product,due out early part of this year from Nite-hunter.com

but then you weren't to know that!

good luck with it bill,and lets hope you can get some decent footage up of those filthy rats :thumbs:

speak soon

regards

Davy