Why is it that it can be so hard to find a decent lamping partner? When i started out i must have had beginners luck, as the guy who became my hunting partner was pretty much on the same wave length as me. Now when people ask to come out, it seems to be a complete nightmare, they either get too tired, or they lag behind or they think they know better than you after 2 trips out on the lamp. I like going it alone as you've nobody to think about other than yourself and your dog, but occasionally i like doing it in company too, but i'm starting to wonder if i'll ever find a decent partner again....... :search:

when you travel 2 or 3 hours south for the nights hunting, you need a partner to keep you awake on the way back!!!!..lol... :D but yes, they are hard to come by....luckily i hunt with some good guys that know the score...you need people you can rely on.....especially when things dont go to plan

<_< Its amazing the amount of people who you meet at shows and places who talk a good lamping dog and have amazing stories about what they and their dogs can do. I seem to attract them as I have had the unfortunate privalage to invite quite a few of them out with me over the years. People stood shouting at their dogs while they go daft in the field, dogs that clearly have done nothing before.If these people were honest in the first place you would,nt mind giving them the chance to bring there dogs on as I have with others. It reminds me of an old racing saying WHEN THE FLAG DROPS THE BULLSHIT STOPS !

Or you get the partner that knows what the game is only to get married and have a couple of kids and still comes out but gets shabby and not as commited to the game....obviously not as dedicated as I first thought :realmad:

:D lol...i once took a guy out on the lamp to bag a "First" for him..we saw the apir of eyes and i asked him, will your dog run the beam?...oh yes, it will go as far as the beam will.....great, thinks i...so we slipped his dog from 80 yards, it ran about 20 yards and stopped and looked round at us while our quarry high tailed it into the night :D :ph34r:

just one of the many that can talk a good do, but when it comes to the crunch they un leash a whole host of excuses....

you must have a understanding with your lamping team,we usually travell a few hours a time to go lamping,so usually theres three of us,you must know the way each other thinks,and have signals for each other,especially if your after the big stuff,and poaching.