Ex-track dog for breeding.

Guest born to run1083

Being honest mate yes alot of people use ex race Greys to line dogs but it doesn't beat finding a working grey with the temp and work ethic you require, it's a lottery even when you breed from the best. yes grey's have to be used to get first crosses but truthfully I think that's where it should end whiether it's a worker or not. Most people agree that the better dogs come from Lurcher to Lurcher matings not Lurcher put back to a grey. But suppose it's what you want from a dog and how much of a risk you wanna take

Being honest mate yes alot of people use ex race Greys to line dogs but it doesn't beat finding a working grey with the temp and work ethic you require, it's a lottery even when you breed from the best. yes grey's have to be used to get first crosses but truthfully I think that's where it should end whiether it's a worker or not. Most people agree that the better dogs come from Lurcher to Lurcher matings not Lurcher put back to a grey. But suppose it's what you want from a dog and how much of a risk you wanna take

Thanks for the reply mate. It's not something I plan to do but I thought I'd ask out of interest.

Got a ex track bitch here and a young worker/ track bitch, if you need to increase speed in a line of lurchers then get 1, but make sure any extra pups don't get passed from pillar to post. It's taken me a while to work out what I'm breeding my old bitch to but all surplus pups will go to good working homes :thumbs:

• Like 2

Well I'm hoping to get a grey pup in a few months if all goes well , it will be brought up as a lurcher and will be going lamping , mooching and I may even try it ferreting are greys good at ferreting

Atb lads

JD

J make sure you break it to ferrets as a pup as my old bitch kills them with out a second thought but the young bitch is fine with them :yes:

cheers pal I'll make sure I break it to ferrets and stock first , at what age would you start working a grey i start my lurchers at 11months.

Thanks mate

JD

Bred off a track dog once and another time i bred off a coursing bitch i had gave.The best lurchers i have seen that came by the way of pure greyhound was those [bANNED TEXT] a lurcher to lurcher bred bitch was mated to the courseing greyhound watling street owned by the late Crim Smith.

About the same age J, but all dogs are different some will start earlier and others later. Just remember to enjoy it for being a mad little pup first :victory:

yeah cheers , i really enjoy them being pups lol I've got a lurcher thats 16 months that still acts like a wee pup but I'm a patient person lol

atb JD