terriers first dig

Well done man & dog :thumbs:

happy days hogie like to see someone get a bit of luck with there terrier hope he dose well :thumbs:

thanks mate its about time i got 1 thats worth giving a chance packed the terriers in afew times after young dogs i had never made the grade but something keeps pulling me back into them
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got the first dig out of the way for my 18month old borderxfell dog put a fox out of the cover and the lurcher run it till a we 2 hole earth so we wanted to get my young dog a handy dig got this dig a

Far from it lad ,give me a dig over a bolt any time,not only is the the terrier getting fulfillment but great exercise for your self,better than working out in a smelly sweaty gym,i would much rather

No lad the fox lives in a hole in the ground called an earth and your terrier is basically the sheriff telling him to get the fcuk out of Dodge

Im new to this terrior digging stuff, i dont understand why you dig can someone please explain :) thanks.

Lad you said in your thread about your lakeland dog ,that your father rears pheasents,so i reckon you should well know why foxes need controlling.

digging them is one of the most productive and humane ways of control ,they have no natural predators in the wild so in order to keep their numbers down man has to intervene.

look at the urban fox population ,9 out of 10 of them are mangey skinny specimens because they have no way of proper control on them.

the reason most of us do it is control and also enjoy seen working animals doing what they where bred for(look up the meaning of the word terrier)

some people enjoy using their dogs for fly ball or agility or simply just playing fetch in the park,we are no different, just into a different game :thumbs:

Edited by lurcher330
  • Like 1

Im new to this terrior digging stuff, i dont understand why you dig can someone please explain :) thanks.

Lad you said in your thread about your lakeland dog ,that your father rears pheasents,so i reckon you should well know why foxes need controlling.

digging them is one of the most productive and humane ways of control ,they have no natural predators in the wild so in order to keep their numbers down man has to intervene.

look at the urban fox population ,9 out of 10 of them are mangey skinny specimens because they have no way of proper control on them.

the reason most of us do it is control and also enjoy seen working animals doing what they where bred for(look up the meaning of the word terrier)

some people enjoy using their dogs for fly ball or agility or simply just playing fetch in the park,we are no different, just into a different game :thumbs:

i very much understand mate. but what does digging achive ? do foxes dig down and have a bunker or something ? or do you dig and put food down there and then he cant get out or something ? many thanks. =] i would love to take my lakeland out foxing. cheers.

obviestly im all for hunting and keepng the numbers down. i have only ever shot them. does the terrior get stuck down there or something :) ? thanks for the reply ! :D

the fox has 2 options bolt from the earth if it is possible or stay and face a terrier until the owner digs down and removes them ,and no the terrier is not stuck if the fox bolts the terrier will come up if the fox stays the terrier should stay with it until dug too

obviestly im all for hunting and keepng the numbers down. i have only ever shot them. does the terrior get stuck down there or something :) ? thanks for the reply ! :D

the fox has 2 options bolt from the earth if it is possible or stay and face a terrier until the owner digs down and removes them ,and no the terrier is not stuck if the fox bolts the terrier will come up if the fox stays the terrier should stay with it until dug too

ahh pain in the arse lol i understand now :) thank you.

ahh pain in the arse lol i understand now :) thank you.

Far from it lad ,give me a dig over a bolt any time,not only is the the terrier getting fulfillment but great exercise for your self,better than working out in a smelly sweaty gym,i would much rather the fresh air of the country side
  • Like 3

i very much understand mate. but what does digging achive ? do foxes dig down and have a bunker or something ? or do you dig and put food down there and then he cant get out or something ? many thanks. =] i would love to take my lakeland out foxing. cheers.

heres a man trap mate www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S0q1y84AsA

heres how germans catch people

so you just have to improvise on how to catch a fox, hope this helps :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Wxm
  • 2 weeks later...

I was reading about that shit over there :no: , just keep things low for a while till it dies down again :yes:

thats it mate keeping him outta the way for a while im waiting on a knock on the door my neighbours are stuck up c**ts and im the only 1 that keeps working dogs in the erea any hunting i do is legal but a boy was telling me 1 of his mates got done they said he dug the fox outta a badger sett which was bullshit
  • Like 1