fox with the hmr

As a firearms instructor i have a fair experience of most caliburs and a fair knowledge of how they behave during their short journey. its like using a .177 air rifle for shoting rabbits we all know its posible but the diflection risk is higher than that of the .22. if you would like a complete lesson on balistics and resonsible behavour i do charge.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a fox was after my live stock and I had a brick I'd dam well chuck it at it .

From the first post this was always going to develop into a 17HMR isn't up to fox debate.   Some of you guys are VERY blinkered, I have used a .22lr, HMR and WMR on foxes and they have always been t

I went out specifically for a fox in these, and many other pics I have, both were baited to a close, and appropriate, shooting position and the best suited rifle was used for the job, the housing esta

Posted Images

As a firearms instructor i have a fair experience of most caliburs and a fair knowledge of how they behave during their short journey. its like using a .177 air rifle for shoting rabbits we all know its posible but the diflection risk is higher than that of the .22. if you would like a complete lesson on balistics and resonsible behavour i do charge.

You will then realise that you have contradicted yourself in one sentance.

You have said that it is not a foxing round firstly, and then conceded it can be used on them up to 80 yards!

Hog wash. And I'm thinking 'BS' in this instance.

If you can't even talk sense about air rifle calibres, what hope have you with powder burners?

God you sound like a solicitor, but yes i suppose i did so lets try again, the calibur was not designed to be used on foxes but we all know it will do the job within certian limitations, the same can be said of the 22lr and the shotgun and also the little known 17 centre fire. i use all the above for foxing,but limit their use to the limitations i know exist.

God you sound like a solicitor, but yes i suppose i did so lets try again, the calibur was not designed to be used on foxes but we all know it will do the job within certian limitations, the same can be said of the 22lr and the shotgun and also the little known 17 centre fire. i use all the above for foxing,but limit their use to the limitations i know exist.

Which is exactly what everybody has been saying!

• Like 1

Oh aye !! here we go.

4 posts 100% rubbish

• Like 2

oh yes well spotted duncan my mistake get mixed up with the calibur in swords and calibre in guns but thats not the point. and no tegater thats not what people are saying most people seem to think it is reasonable to use 17 on foxes at 100yrds and over

sorry what is the air rifle issue. do u need more information or are you just blowing!!!. would be interested to hear your thoughts on air rifle caliburs. Duncan

Based on how you write, I'm guessing you're less than 25, possibly 18?

Based on your spouting re airgun calibres, its clear that I've been hunting with air rifles longer than you've been on this planet.

As for 'blowing', I'll leave that to you :)

I'm starting a new thread on the airgun general discussion area, so you can put your .177 more easily deflected than .22 theory out in full there ;)

sorry what is the air rifle issue. do u need more information or are you just blowing!!!. would be interested to hear your thoughts on air rifle caliburs. Duncan

Based on how you write, I'm guessing you're less than 25, possibly 18?

Based on your spouting re airgun calibres, its clear that I've been hunting with air rifles longer than you've been on this planet.

As for 'blowing', I'll leave that to you :)

I'm starting a new thread on the airgun general discussion area, so you can put your .177 more easily deflected than .22 theory out in full there ;)

well ive been hunting with airguns, r/f c/f shotguns a while longer and still say if your out after fox use a c/f as ive said before you can dig a hole with a spoon if needs be but a spade makes life a whole lot easyer