fox with the hmr

Nice

I`ve got thesame air rifle and have been on the phone to falcon today, so it`s off to a local guy to be upped to 23/24ft/lb and put on my ticket.

TBH I use 177 12ft/lb, so the 22 would never be used unless I upped it. I was gifted the gun and it would be rude not to use it,so FAC was the way to go.

I see it didn`t take long to suss the teenage numpty again ! :laugh:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a fox was after my live stock and I had a brick I'd dam well chuck it at it .

From the first post this was always going to develop into a 17HMR isn't up to fox debate.   Some of you guys are VERY blinkered, I have used a .22lr, HMR and WMR on foxes and they have always been t

I went out specifically for a fox in these, and many other pics I have, both were baited to a close, and appropriate, shooting position and the best suited rifle was used for the job, the housing esta

Posted Images

Nice

I`ve got thesame air rifle and have been on the phone to falcon today, so it`s off to a local guy to be upped to 23/24ft/lb and put on my ticket.

TBH I use 177 12ft/lb, so the 22 would never be used unless I upped it. I was gifted the gun and it would be rude not to use it,so FAC was the way to go.

I see it didn`t take long to suss the teenage numpty again ! :laugh:

Mine runs 25-26ft lb, yes, the time of year/temperature does effect it!

23-24 ft lb is a good rating for these :yes: , 30ft lb is tops (actually I got mine up to 36ft lb, don't even think about it, every shot was different), and 30ft lb is too high for them, shot count is not good and shot consistancy worse!

Mine produces 32 full power shots at 26ft lb and favours AA Field in 5.51 (the 5.52 give about 0.5ft lb less). Bisley Magnums are excellent in mine but still have a bit of an arc, so I stick with the AA!

:thumbs:

Sure I saw something on YouTube (FieldSports Channel) that someguy had a 33 pounder :icon_eek: Nice going Chimp - thats a good shot.

That was the Sister in laws husband. It was a 34 pounder. See youtube, search for 'Fieldsports Britain Episode 58 5th january 2011'. He ain't no bull shitter, they're big as round here.