fox with the hmr

Yep your right i joined today as i said on my first post. so no big secret there and iam afraid you take it wrong although i do see where your coming from and my first name is richard but my surname is not mcgin. not sure why you would be confused about my first 2 posts, and the reason i came to this thread was because it interested me, I thought that the purpose of these forums was discussion. i think that my first post was commenting on what was covered my ticket and that seemed to be where the thread had led to. i hope this clears up your confusion Deker. I dont think i have said anything out of sorts just commented on past posts.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a fox was after my live stock and I had a brick I'd dam well chuck it at it .

From the first post this was always going to develop into a 17HMR isn't up to fox debate.   Some of you guys are VERY blinkered, I have used a .22lr, HMR and WMR on foxes and they have always been t

I went out specifically for a fox in these, and many other pics I have, both were baited to a close, and appropriate, shooting position and the best suited rifle was used for the job, the housing esta

Posted Images

well i dont have a .17 so would find it dificult to comment with any accuracy and a limmited understanding of balistics. but i thought that it was generally good practice to limit fox shooting to 80-100yrd with the 17hmr but reading this thread i see that, that is not the case.

It is good practice to limit fox shooting (or any other shooting) to the ability of the shooter and the tool he is holding!

Edited by Deker

Well iam no expert but i must admit that what he said made sense to me,and i dont have a degree, and am no instructor, designer, and i miss my fair quota of shots. point being as an average shot i would not take head shots at anything over 100yrds with my 223 i know it will group quarter minute groups at 100yrds on the range but in the field the conditions vary.

Who said you should?

I am somewhat confused by your first 2 posts, just what point are you trying to get across that has not been covered in this thread several times already?

I am very cautious and sceptical very often as many here know, you joined at 12.40 today and decided to enter this thread as a starter, I take it you are richmcgin come back for another bite!

rmac ..... richmcgin

Crossed my mind too - call me old mr cynical ;)

Not a very welcoming bunch are you is it some kind of initiation we have to go through????????????

Well Rich, yes and no.

We are welcoming to all unless theres an overwhelming whiff of bullshit to them or when they are clearly spouting crap they don't have the balls to face it up, but try and front it out.

Everyone makes mistakes, but only a proper man will stand up and face it.

Whether you are richmcgin or not, welcome to the site and I look forward to some decent conversation with you bud.

Cheers

Duncan.

Well iam no expert but i must admit that what he said made sense to me,and i dont have a degree, and am no instructor, designer, and i miss my fair quota of shots. point being as an average shot i would not take head shots at anything over 100yrds with my 223 i know it will group quarter minute groups at 100yrds on the range but in the field the conditions vary.

Who said you should?

I am somewhat confused by your first 2 posts, just what point are you trying to get across that has not been covered in this thread several times already?

I am very cautious and sceptical very often as many here know, you joined at 12.40 today and decided to enter this thread as a starter, I take it you are richmcgin come back for another bite!

rmac ..... richmcgin

old mr cynical :laugh: :laugh: happy know :laugh:

Thats a bit rude Foxdropper, if you guys dont want people to join in perhaps you should put that the tread is private. not sure what i said to start all this dont think i have disagreed with anyone or even expressed an opinon just tried to join in a chat ??????

Who said you should?

rmac ..... richmcgin

old mr cynical :laugh: :laugh: happy know :laugh:

ecstatic :)

Too rmac.

You are the same guy!!!!!!!...............

Wise up min!!!!!!!!!!!............

You've got exacly the same teenage, hormonal and confrontational character trates with no substance whatsoever.

Got loads of old commando comics from my early teens if you want them :laugh::thumbs:

Atb Chris.

Too rmac.

You are the same guy!!!!!!!...............

Wise up min!!!!!!!!!!!............

You've got exacly the same teenage, hormonal and confrontational character trates with no substance whatsoever.

Got loads of old commando comics from my early teens if you want them :laugh::thumbs:

Atb Chris.

THL gold (sorry, can't help myself) :laugh: