fox with the hmr

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a fox was after my live stock and I had a brick I'd dam well chuck it at it .

From the first post this was always going to develop into a 17HMR isn't up to fox debate.   Some of you guys are VERY blinkered, I have used a .22lr, HMR and WMR on foxes and they have always been t

I went out specifically for a fox in these, and many other pics I have, both were baited to a close, and appropriate, shooting position and the best suited rifle was used for the job, the housing esta

Posted Images

thats a cub chimps only 4 ft tall :tongue2:

getting average 5-1 on dogs and vixens at moment, got a pic on phone of dog and vixen and the vixen is huge compared to dog fox, dont know how to get it off my phone and on the puter

my feo says the .17 hmr isn't enough gun for the job. That said, she also told me that the max calibre for muntjac is .223.

Clearly, her knowledge is severely lacking when it comes to rifles.

Nice head shot at 120 yards; good going fella :thumbs:

Well she is correct on the first point,and wrong on the second,I shot a dog fox the other night and it was huge,deffo some big uns about this year thats for sure.

fox took with cz 455 17hmr 20g hollow point, 116yrd shot just behind the shoulder and dropped straight away.. am pretty sure the 17 is good enough for dropping foxes.... as with every1 else am hardly seeing any vixens just dogs.. and there all good sizes!!! happy shooting :D

post-40537-0-80918600-1326882208_thumb.jpg

post-40537-0-98078700-1326882225_thumb.jpg