fox with the hmr

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a fox was after my live stock and I had a brick I'd dam well chuck it at it .

From the first post this was always going to develop into a 17HMR isn't up to fox debate.   Some of you guys are VERY blinkered, I have used a .22lr, HMR and WMR on foxes and they have always been t

I went out specifically for a fox in these, and many other pics I have, both were baited to a close, and appropriate, shooting position and the best suited rifle was used for the job, the housing esta

Posted Images

have just seen your ps Duncan about some threat or other. I would love to spend my evening discusing the atributes and terminal and external balistics or projectiles with you but i fear that from your previous comments i would be fooling myself i was to think that you would either belive or understand the content of the discussion.

This cant be Whin coming back can it!!!!! Its got to be a wind up, but I didnt think he shot :D

have just seen your ps Duncan about some threat or other. I would love to spend my evening discusing the atributes and terminal and external balistics or projectiles with you but i fear that from your previous comments i would be fooling myself i was to think that you would either belive or understand the content of the discussion.

Cheeky beggar! I'm an honours graduate from the university of Birmingham, so my powers of comprehension are well qualified.

Anyone who says 'I would love to.......but....' usually cannot back up their professed expertise with substance.

If your rationale was cojent and credible, why would I not believe it?

Debate is open for you in the airgun section.

• Like 1

I hope you meant thread?

Sorry Duncan thought you asked if i had just plucked 80 yrds out of the air, and yesi dont type too well !!! as for the 177 killing rabbits i have no doubt that it does kill well it should penetrate well with its light fast moving round but sheer stopping power comes with the heavier .22 carring more energy which is transfered into the target more efficently by a heaver round with larger surface. However Charlie caller your 177 will cause more damage at cloer ranges should the pellet hit a solid structure causing deflection within the target.

You sir, are what is known in common parlance, as a " Billy Bullshitter" you are talking utter crap.. I suspect you have NO experience in firearms,, and anybody that comes on here spouting about how they made "special forces" bullets,, is talking bollocks.

I think I pipped you to the calling BS line - 'I name that BS tune in 2' :laugh: