Another day in the dales.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

Well I actually thought long and hard before posting, but here goes, more bodies than the London march, christ knows how many dogs in total and all running riot on a single rabbit and as for that unruly wee shit hanging from rabbits, well I'll refrain from saying what I'd do with that. Everyone has their own style of hunting, which is fair enough, but from where I'm sitting that looks far from enjoyable.

• Like 5

Great pics looks like well organised pandemonium lol..

Like the pic with the terrier coming through the wall..

Almost Giro :D

She is a cracking little terrier, lovely natured and steady. Her tail never stopped all day :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well I actually thought long and hard before posting, but here goes, more bodies than the London march, christ knows how many dogs in total and all running riot on a single rabbit and as for that unruly wee shit hanging from rabbits, well I'll refrain from saying what I'd do with that. Everyone has their own style of hunting, which is fair enough, but from where I'm sitting that looks far from enjoyable.

As i tried to point out Mackay, it is not a serious days hunting. If it were, things would be much different. It is great fun being out and about with a bobbery pack, no stress :thumbs:

The 'wee shit' had been given that rabbit as reward, she put a LOT of work into finding those rabbits, to not get one in her mouth at the end.

Jackoleeds, i actually predicted to the lads today that the grump's were about to start. Now i am posting more threads, i can see the negativity creeping in more and more, gentle at first then it escalates. It happens all the time, people cannot stand to see anyone enjoying what they do, and will do their damndest to pick faults :yes::D

• Like 1

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think of it. I enjoy myself and so do the dogs and i get plenty of meat for the freezer. I dont understand why theres always some c**t out there who just cant wait to have a pop at someone else for having a different approach to themselves. If you dont like it keep your mouth shut, thats MY opinion! Moll you had a good day, fair play to you. May you have many more.

• Like 7

As i tried to point out Mackay, it is not a serious days hunting. If it were, things would be much different. It is great fun being out and about with a bobbery pack, no stress :thumbs:

The 'wee shit' had been given that rabbit as reward, she put a LOT of work into finding those rabbits, to not get one in her mouth at the end.

Jackoleeds, i actually predicted to the lads today that the grump's were about to start. Now i am posting more threads, i can see the negativity creeping in more and more, gentle at first then it escalates. It happens all the time, people cannot stand to see anyone enjoying what they do, and will do their damndest to pick faults :yes::D

Absolutely not the case Moll, I enjoy your posts, but why not split up a bit and put distance between dogs, and let them work at their own rate and initiative, you would probably catch more and reduce the risk of injury and also from the view of someone who is pro hunting it looks a bit unsavoury and amatuerish to see so many dogs on a single rabbit. And if your going to reward the wee shit with a chew at a rabbit, although I don't see the need myself, kill it first.

• Like 1

you dont nead 5 dog up there my gran lives up that way and when i went up to stay in my teens and them stone walls all ways made the dog look 3+ beter than he was look the little dog even get a look in good on you mate nice one ........

Absolutely not the case Moll, I enjoy your posts, but why not split up a bit and put distance between dogs, and let them work at their own rate and initiative, you would probably catch more and reduce the risk of injury and also from the view of someone who is pro hunting it looks a bit unsavoury and amatuerish to see so many dogs on a single rabbit. And if your going to reward the wee shit with a chew at a rabbit, although I don't see the need myself, kill it first.

Funnily enough Mackay, i don't actually think you do enjoy my posts, something i noticed a while ago....just an inkling ;)

The dogs are working at their own rate and initiative, because they are loose. And it is not about catching more, as i stated. No injuries are sustained, funnily enough it is a good way of finding out just how good the dogs are at quickly sorting themselves out into pecking orders etc.

The rabbit i think you are referring to was indeed alive (Not the one i was thinking about) she had grabbed it. But it took a lot less time than it would have taken you to look at the pics to get her off :thumbs: