Another day in the dales.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

yes whin a fox is a tufer animall,,, but they only avrage 16-18 lbs,,, and you have 20 couple of hounds after them weighing in at 60+ pounds each ,,, and theres never one hound killing it... or a pack of a dozen terriers ratting on a farm ,, this aint a pop at foxhunting or any hunting with hounds,,, just a comparason............................all the lass has put up is what looked like a cracking day with mates,,

when you run that many hound's though tomo or terrier's on rat's they dont run 25 to 30 mph at quarry and there built alot differently to running dog's i think the point folk's are making is to do with collision's :thumbs:

:hmm:I would agree with Andy ,..a Hunting Forum, is a pretty dull place without, loads of 'days out + night's out' threads and accompanying photos :yes: Not every lad, can experience such fabulous areas to hunt over, and to be honest, when they see big bags and large catches of game, this is possibly the nearest that they will ever come to it...So, if only for them,..posting pics is worthwhile.

As for Moll and her Crew... :laugh:

Well,..she obviously enjoys herself, and so do all the guys, and their miscellaneous jukels are a treat to behold...As far as I am concerned, they can run as many dogs as they like...

Personaly I only work two dogs on a massive long warren, but that is my choice and I don't think anyone should ever tell another lurcher enthusiast how to behave,...its a case of each to their own..

I spend a lot of rabbiting days being serious,.and an equal amount of mouching time, acting the clown :laugh:

Anyway, just my take on it..

Was out ferreting a while back,...and it just shows you how things can change in a matter of days...

We netted two big old warrens,.rolled in a trio of my partners workers, and by feck,.the nets were filling and the dogs were snatching up bolters, like there was no tomorrow...

We had fifty six good rabbits laid out, in double quick time.... :victory:

However, nothing lasts, and in mere days, there was a noticeable Silence of the Buns,...quite what had occurred, god only knows,..but, the coney cupboard was exceedingly bare....

Obviously in such cases, you have to try and move on, but its a shock going from plentiful, to feck all....

Recently bolted a three quarter grown, out of a smallish bury, and the bitch fetched him on back...

The rabbit was as poor as a Crow.

As I took the shushi off the lurcher, I felt sure that myxy had reared its ugly head,.and a late bout of myxy in the season,.is always a big blow...However, on examination of this bony critter, I saw that one of its teeth was incredibly long, and the other molar had grown through the flesh into the cheek, and had forced itself right through ...ouch....

A terrible life for the poor rabbit, and I'm glad we dispatched him....

In conclusion,.the websites NEED the excitement of the hunt, but, there is surely still room enough for all of us, to have a wee chat,..about this and that.... :thumbs:

All the best,..CHALKWARREN...

MouchingPlainsNov2011107.jpg

As for Moll and her Crew... :laugh:

Well,..she obviously enjoys herself, and so do all the guys, and their miscellaneous jukels are a treat to behold...

As far as I am concerned, they can run as many dogs as they like...

I don't think anyone should ever tell another lurcher enthusiasts how to behave,...its a case of each to their own..

I spend a lot of rabbiting days being serious,..and an equal amount of mouching time, acting the clown,.. :laugh:

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late.

When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here and there. And boy did i love it, great fun for me and the dogs.

Then when i really started to get into it, the dogs became workers/pets. My life was filled with, what i could and could'nt do.

For example...Instead of staying and watching the terriers dig out some unknown vermin on their daily walk, as i used to, i had to rush back to make sure the running dogs got their road work.

Could/should only feed this and that.

Did not dare let them run on frozen ground whilst out for their ordinary daily walk...just incase.

The pressure of keeping up with the Joneses. What other peoples perceptions of me might be.

And of course having to work harder and trying to prove myself because i am female.

And much more.

The fun had started to be taken over with necessity, demands and worry.

So i made my mind up to go back to how it was. Yes i will still do a lot of the things i was doing, but only because i want to, not because i should. The weight from my shoulders has been such a relief ;)

• Like 8

you can not beat going out with a pack of dogs. packs of dogs/wolfs is natural. the only difference is your finding your own quarry for the dogs instead of them finding quarry there self. in my opionion if you disagree with this i class you as an anti because its no different from a terrier bolting to a pack of fox hounds pre ban. obviously making the sport your own , surely bolting to dogs is more sport than using nets! what chance does the quarry have surrounded by nets! there killed just as quick by pack of dogs theres no suffering. ferrets dont kill rabbits as fast as dogs and nor will a terrier kill a fox as quick as a hound will pre ban. i get the feeling were surrounded by antis some times . great post moll and folks