Another day in the dales.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

What happened to live and let live? Moll has gone to the trouble of posting a good write up and some really nice pictures of legal rabbiting. Whether its your cup of tea or not shes gone to the effort and its 100% better than the usual old dross posted here. This site used to be full of decent write ups by people like Moll but fewer and fewer bother as no sooner is it posted then all the hangers on who never post anything of interest are waiting to shoot them down.

If anyone feels they can put up a write up as good showing the way they do it different then crack on, surely that would bebetter than anonymously sniping without ever bothering to put anything up yourselves?

Well done Moll! Looks a bit chaotic I'll grant you but sometimes its good to have a day like that. Keep the write ups coming and dont get put off by the naysayers.

• Like 6

Great set of pic's Moll . . . Don't bother keep explaining what , why and where to some of the Cock's on here it's just a waste of your time ! !

Just carry on taking the time to put up great post's :yes:

Love the few shot's of Boo and the brindle bitch on a rabbit, where it turn's and Boo carry's on . . . "See Ya" :D

• Like 1

could [bANNED TEXT] a [bANNED TEXT] few tyla an dfrom here and over by in usa all truth blood anfd guts mate ,had the odd day like that with freinds but does my head in if i have pups 2 , you need dogs all that no the score and do there own thing ,my idea offerreting one dog on one side of hedgw other dog on other side me working the warrens good crack, last time i had a few dogs me chipper nell , tyne my dog , a pal of his with a big furry lurcher wasnt bad they liked the dtyle of my dog and i enjoyed little nell as she was only apup maybe nine months that was on high ground on chips mountain ,

I dont like to put negative posts up so sorry in advance n moll n millit seem like decent folk but i agree these kind of photo's will not do us any favours, dont think id have my permission to much longer if farmers saw that carry on, i never run more than 1 dog on a rabbit let alone 4 :icon_eek:, this does look bad and amateurish, 4 dogs on 1 rabbit lol im proper surprised n cant get my head round it n all them dogs just balloonin about would drive me nuts..nice dogs tho ;)

• Like 1

could [bANNED TEXT] a [bANNED TEXT] few tyla an dfrom here and over by in usa all truth blood anfd guts mate ,had the odd day like that with freinds but does my head in if i have pups 2 , you need dogs all that no the score and do there own thing ,my idea offerreting one dog on one side of hedgw other dog on other side me working the warrens good crack, last time i had a few dogs me chipper nell , tyne my dog , a pal of his with a big furry lurcher wasnt bad they liked the dtyle of my dog and i enjoyed little nell as she was only apup maybe nine months that was on high ground on chips mountain ,

I think i agree with you whin. Im assuming your saying you've had a few days out like that which are fun, unless you have pups with you, but you usually prefer a couple of dogs at a time?

It would be nice to see a few of your tales from overseas and here, I can see why you dont post though. Loose lips etc etc

• Like 1

It is not as chaotic as it seems to portray to folks by the photos. I dont see it like that, probably because i am there and know the before/afters etc.

People seem to think (those that have never done this style of mooching) that it is a pack out hysterical out of control dogs running everywhere. Far from it.

A rabbit gets up, some of the dogs take chase, it gets caught or gets away....as quick and simple as that.

As for posts like these making the forum/sport look bad....i really dont get it, it is only a few dogs chasing a rabbit, it is not as if it is being torn limb from limb. Should nature documentaries with packs of wolves, lions etc hunting not be shown on tv next! where the beagle packs after hares any different?

All i can add is, if you have never done this style of hunting with these types of dogs then you will never get what it was actually like, trained, well behaved dogs all focused on the job. :thumbs:

Moll, forget trying to explain he isn't getting it. It was a great day out (yeah i'm the dick folowing the little staffy/whippet into walls), fantastic in fact. For all the negitive ones who decided to cooment, yeah i agree there were far, far too many dogs if i was on for a serious day going for numbers. It wasn't a day to be all quiet, focused and honing the dogs ferreting skills. We had a walk around some fields with some mates and their dogs. Some got up and caught, most were found by the staffy cross and then taken from the walls. So some of you need stop moaning away and get out with your dogs and show some posts of your own.

And as for none of the dogs not retrieving.....shut the f~ck up. 99% of the time i take my hunting seriously, so mine have to do it.

She is quiet today....i think she might be pining for you :wub:

It was a great day out from the great scenery to the good company to the great craic,

You cant beat a mooch with the dogs!

Thank to Russ for the invite, was great to meet you Moll and Millet its (Jimmy by the way Milliet) seen as your name skills on not very good :thumbs:

Thanks Moll for the great Pics and the tuna suprise!

And not to leave you out Derbylad1 thanks for letting me walk back up the hillside to look for your watch you meathead :D

And brilliant to meet you and your lovely little pack Jimmy. You are going to have years of fun with that little terrier :thumbs:

What happened to live and let live? Moll has gone to the trouble of posting a good write up and some really nice pictures of legal rabbiting. Whether its your cup of tea or not shes gone to the effort and its 100% better than the usual old dross posted here. This site used to be full of decent write ups by people like Moll but fewer and fewer bother as no sooner is it posted then all the hangers on who never post anything of interest are waiting to shoot them down.

If anyone feels they can put up a write up as good showing the way they do it different then crack on, surely that would bebetter than anonymously sniping without ever bothering to put anything up yourselves?

Well done Moll! Looks a bit chaotic I'll grant you but sometimes its good to have a day like that. Keep the write ups coming and dont get put off by the naysayers.

It took over 3hrs to do that post Tyla...i must be worse than mad :D

Thank you very much ;)