Another day in the dales.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

Moll, millet,

I know Gaz and jimmy well enough to know you would have had another cracking day and the dogs would have had a good work out and. I doubt claimed some decent rest.

Don't bite the bait ;) the site is full of it.

As you very well know, we all hunt many ways and different ways and there is no single way to catch the humble bunney.. We should enjoy what suits as and be left to be responsible for our own charges ;)

Good to see some quality action pics, glad ole smokey is back running the rabbits, coco looked to be all over them and the terriers certainly looked keen to graft.......

Excellent post

• Like 3

makey..hand on heart have you never went for a good chin wag with like minded folk and dog's in toe and let them have the rip..I have many times..and i will continue to do so...

I have mate, It's called the beer tent.

good pics again , but im not alover of lots of dogs on qaurry , prefer one maybe two at most on a sett, never pups and never young dogs i would do it with oldeis who have done it as to them no big deal , my freind lost a dog runing into another dog out a run bit bigger than them ,my old saluk cross bitch would love that type of day but the young collie cross in her prime would want to have ago with terriers etc if they tried to stop the fetch etc , and come near her cacth , some dogs you can have fun with others are to serous and dont lke dogs near the sett or even neer there rabbit if they have caught ,lucky they all get on

• Like 1

Tell you what, it's just me, I,'m a troublesome git, guilty. Or go back and look at everyone of those pictures with a multitude of dogs and a single rabbit and tell me it's not shoddy. In everyone of the situations photographed a single dog would have faired better, they're all so intent on beating the other dog to the prize they're making hard work of a simple rabbit that each and everyone of them would have caught with less effort being run solo. The red collie cross is the only one who looks focused. It's a circus. Clowns up next.

• Like 2

Tell you what, it's just me, I,'m a troublesome git, guilty. Or go back and look at everyone of those pictures with a multitude of dogs and a single rabbit and tell me it's not shoddy. In everyone of the situations photographed a single dog would have faired better, they're all so intent on beating the other dog to the prize they're making hard work of a simple rabbit that each and everyone of them would have caught with less effort being run solo. The red collie cross is the only one who looks focused. It's a circus. Clowns up next.

Of course single dogs would have faired better, and more rabbits would have been caught.

I cannot understand, why YOU cannot understand, that was not what the day was about...how many times, in how many ways do i have to explain :doh::laugh:

Moll, forget trying to explain he isn't getting it. It was a great day out (yeah i'm the dick folowing the little staffy/whippet into walls), fantastic in fact. For all the negitive ones who decided to cooment, yeah i agree there were far, far too many dogs if i was on for a serious day going for numbers. It wasn't a day to be all quiet, focused and honing the dogs ferreting skills. We had a walk around some fields with some mates and their dogs. Some got up and caught, most were found by the staffy cross and then taken from the walls. So some of you need stop moaning away and get out with your dogs and show some posts of your own.

And as for none of the dogs not retrieving.....shut the f~ck up. 99% of the time i take my hunting seriously, so mine have to do it.

It was a great day out from the great scenery to the good company to the great craic,

You cant beat a mooch with the dogs!

Thank to Russ for the invite, was great to meet you Moll and Millet its (Jimmy by the way Milliet) seen as your name skills on not very good :thumbs:

Thanks Moll for the great Pics and the tuna suprise!

And not to leave you out Derbylad1 thanks for letting me walk back up the hillside to look for your watch you meathead :D