Hard work but a nice day on new ground

Tyla

I took Water Badger and the dogs, his bedxwhip Douglas and William the whippet pup, and my collie based lurcher Willow, to a bit of new ground today. It looked like the perfect day, still, bright and frosty and I had great expectations. We started on a hedge that I'd been asked to concerntrate on and found the rabbits didnt want to bolt. We bolted a couple eventually which the dogs missed and dug to two.

We gave up on that hedge and had a little explore. We found a bury that looked far more promising but yet again the rabbits stuck to the bury like glue, we finally ended up with seven ferts to ground in an attempt the get them moving! At last three bolted, Willow caught two and we had one in the net.

After a quick drink we slowly worked our way down the next hedgerow. We bolted a couple which were missed, Willow caught another two and we finished on a couple of digs, one to three in a stop end and one single.

We ended up on 11 rabbits which isnt too bad but it was hard work, some days the rabbits just wont play the game! The ferrets worked their asses off and the dogs did well. I was very impressed with Williams marking and pleased with Willows catches. A very enjoyable day in the end.

post-10910-0-16014700-1326573634.jpg

post-10910-0-39573700-1326573649.jpg

• Like 1