the untrapable rat !!

I have a rat problem. One has taken up residence in my loft, i have had 4 fenn traps down for over a week baited with cat food and carrots........not a sniff.......not even a mouse.......and now the Mrs is doing her nut as it tap dances every fecking night above our heads.

Its definitely a rat and not a squirrel. Any suggestions greatly recieved. Im off to buy some poison today but given that it hasnt taken cat food, carrots or paenut butter (on some mouse traps) im not convinced it will take a poison bait.

Regards.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get up there with a torch and air rifle.

Got the fecker

thats not dead , its just laughing at ya

Posted Images

I have a rat problem. One has taken up residence in my loft, i have had 4 fenn traps down for over a week baited with cat food and carrots........not a sniff.......not even a mouse.......and now the Mrs is doing her nut as it tap dances every fecking night above our heads.

Its definitely a rat and not a squirrel. Any suggestions greatly recieved. Im off to buy some poison today but given that it hasnt taken cat food, carrots or paenut butter (on some mouse traps) im not convinced it will take a poison bait.

Regards.

Look closely and it will have a run somewhere......put one of your traps right on the run so it walks over it. If possible you can put things that makes it like a tunnel so it must go through.... :thumbs:

Regards.

Look closely and it will have a run somewhere......put one of your traps right on the run so it walks over it. If possible you can put things that makes it like a tunnel so it must go through.... :thumbs:

Done that Lab but the problem is its a fairly large loft covered in insulation. From the sound of it its under the insulation on the ceiling i just cant believe it wont take a bait and its getting beyond a joke now :censored:

it must be getting food from somewhere?? are you sure its not a mouse they sound very loud when scuttling about in an attic, if you put poison down and dont locate the body your house will smell like an afgan morgue in a couple of weeks

it must be getting food from somewhere?? are you sure its not a mouse they sound very loud when scuttling about in an attic, if you put poison down and dont locate the body your house will smell like an afgan morgue in a couple of weeks

No its not a mouse mate, seen the droppings and heard it thumping about. I dont care about the smell i will deal with that i just want the thing dead.

No its not a mouse mate, seen the droppings and heard it thumping about. I dont care about the smell i will deal with that i just want the thing dead.

find where it crosses over the beams and put an unbaited fen each side of the beam

Sticky pads are good for lofts etc if you can locate a run.

mate glue papers are the way guaranteed too kill first night put a bit off choc in the middle off it :thumbs:

Yep just like Bosun11 and gigs said glue traps will sort the situation, i had a similair problem in the attic were i work wouldnt touch the traps but caught them on the glue traps placed on the runs.