Deer management groups??

well well seems as one door closes another opens, shame that freedom of speech only exists as long as it complies with the powers at be, and the boys club.

LOWLAND DEER NETWORK SCOTLAND - DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE

Richard Cooke (Chair) ADMG (Angus)

Dick Playfair (Secretary) ADMG (Edinburgh)

Jamie Hammond SNH (Lowlands Officer)

David Quarrell SLDMG (Lanarkshire)

Robert Sharp Vocational Stalker (Renfrewshire)

Alex Hogg SGA (Peebleshire)

John Bruce BDS/Farmer (Perthshire)

James Johnston Farmer, (Lanarkshire)

Derek Kneller NLDMG (Lanarkshire)

Jim Govan Vocational Stalker (Ayrshire)

Ian Fergusson Forest Enterprise (South Scotland)

Alex Paul WLDMG (Lothians)

Alisdair Colyton Farmer/Stalking business (Angus)

Sinclair Coghill Banff & Buchan DMG (N.E.Scotland)

Jane Begg West Lothian Council (Lothians)

Ron Rose Eskdalemuir DMG (Dumfries & Galloway)

Glen Heggs S.W.Scotland DMG (Dumfries & Galloway)

Ron Smith Vocational Stalker (Fife)

Plus representatives to be confirmed from:

Scottish Land and Estates

NFUS

BASC Scotland

9 December 2011

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Job ??? that would be novel for you...hahahahahahaha

Posted by wireviz/6pointer13 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

You see Stuart you don't understand because this works in a different way. You join the group of deer stalkers from your own area.If you live in or around south lanarkshire like i do you join the SLDG if you live in West Lothian then you join that group and so on. The cost of joining the group has got nothing to do with shooting deer it puts you in a place were you can meet like minded people. The cost only covers you so that we can stay in an organisation to issue insurance. SLDG cost is £35 normally the cost of a pour syndicate place with lev 2 etc etc is 500+. If any members wants to be part of a syndicate and a few are they are welcome if they like to take a stroll and shoot a few then a wee local farm will be made available. But if you have all your qualifications and an opportunity comes up then you will get a chance at deer control or crop protection. We run Lev one courses at cost £90 through Barony collage but i do need to sit with AT and get a wee drink the night before but hey i can live with that. We also help with Lev 2 and have had a few study day with SNH staff. The next one will be at our next meeting and will cover the sensitive subject of Urban Deer and there management.

Today i took a member of the Deer Group out to look at his first bit of ground The chap has just finished his lev 2 DMQ it is our deer group standard for getting on to deer group ground. Craig has worked hard and never moaned over the past two years while working towards his lev two. He was taken round his new area and given a chance to take it on or not as he seemed fit. Sadly there is a charge for this bit of ground but we do try and make it as cheap as possible cost only. £105 for twelve months but if vulnerable ground comes up he will be given first option on it. Deer Groups working at there best and a real positive for others to follow.

................................................................................................................................................................................

Sherrif Said

What a complete & utter load of twaddle, you created your group David (the english way) for one reason and that was to give yourself credibility when begging for more ground (grund as you say) from the Forestry Commission, but it didnt work did it. You entice unwitting members in and get them to include their ground into your "group" then you, and your cronies, slap every deer on it!

The empy promise is that if the grup gets some grund then all the members will benefit, crap, you get the grund for free then tell the members that it will cost them £x to stalk it.

Gents, this is the very same numpty that constantly bangs on about how bad the Forestry Commission and SNH are and yet he sits on the development board of yet another "dmg", read his posts on the stalking directory making out that he is not in bed with the "authorities yet he swaps spit at the same table, this is the link http://www.deer-management.co.uk/ldns/ click on the "development Committee link and his name is there.

Runs with the Fox & the Hounds springs to mind, I posted this on the Stalking Directory but his mate deleted it because it exposed him for what he is.

I know its hard to get your "own bit" but keep trying or join a syndicate. Beware, these lowlifes have their snouts in the same trough, they prey on inexperienced stalkers by promising the earth and all you end up with is, out of pocket and a bucket of shite.

Roger I agree with your comments in regard to getting in with a syndicate as being the best way forward with a novice stalker at least if he gets the full facts and figures he can at least make a reasonable judgement in what he is going to get for his money. But with all agreements its purchaser beware. :cray:

Interesting your comments in respect to what you say Roger . :D

Edited by Caprelous

well well seems as one door closes another opens, shame that freedom of speech only exists as long as it complies with the powers at be, and the boys club.

NFUS

BASC Scotland

9 December 2011

Would you care to expand a little on your comment at the top of your post.

Kind regards

Stuart

Edited by Caprelous

That is a very large committee and i am sure will be thinned down to just 6-7 Then if the correct people are in place we should know what is going on from the out set. If not everything will be done behind the schemes and the looser will always be the deer stalkers on the ground. With regards what Roger Norton wrote about deer group that is a very damning report and one that needs looked into. If this is the way that groups are operating then it is disgraceful. As Roger knows well i have more than enough deer stalking available to me than any one really needs and have never minded sharing.Roger being one of the chaps that came to me with no stalking and was given free run of a few of my areas.Shooting many good buck and even taking a nice bronze for free .He was also introduced to group members who pulled him out of the shit when he Could not full fill his contractual agreement with the FCS. So as you see some groups work and work well. But i am sure there are some that do not. A letter has been sent to the development committee who have invested very large sums of money in this project . The names of the people who have condemned the committee and its plans have been sent they can theN comment direct to the FC/SNH or the ADMG.

That is a very large committee and i am sure will be thinned down to just 6-7 Then if the correct people are in place we should know what is going on from the out set. If not everything will be done behind the schemes and the looser will always be the deer stalkers on the ground. With regards what Roger Norton wrote about deer group that is a very damning report and one that needs looked into. If this is the way that groups are operating then it is disgraceful. As Roger knows well i have more than enough deer stalking available to me than any one really needs and have never minded sharing.Roger being one of the chaps that came to me with no stalking and was given free run of a few of my areas.Shooting many good buck and even taking a nice bronze for free .He was also introduced to group members who pulled him out of the shit when he Could not full fill his contractual agreement with the FCS. So as you see some groups work and work well. But i am sure there are some that do not. A letter has been sent to the development committee who have invested very large sums of money in this project . The names of the people who have condemned the committee and its plans have been sent they can theN comment direct to the FC/SNH or the ADMG.

I might be wrong here in reading Rogers post but I dont think it came across as a general criticism of Deer management groups as you imply . but as stated I could be wrong, I got the impression they was more directive to yourself David. :laugh::icon_eek: If I am wrong in that assumption will someone kindly correct me :whistling:

Edited by Caprelous

NFUS

BASC Scotland

9 December 2011

Would you care to expand a little on your comment at the top of your post.

It looks like that other forum you was on have more Bans in place than our church notice board mate if they ban any more folk on there will only be owners and moderators left then maybe they might set upon themselves :laugh:

Kind regards

Stuart

As long as you keep away from the paying punters you should be safe,, don`t interfere with the money Stu,, lol

Stuart if you are correct then he has certainly got his facts wrong and should be very careful what he writes. Unlike me Roger takes a lot of money from the public purse from the FCS and they have invested heavily in the LDNS . If he has a vendetta against me fine but i believe he should keep it between me and himself and should make sure he portrays the truth . :thumbs: . But like your post your not sure of very much now are you. :icon_redface:

Stuart if you are correct then he has certainly got his facts wrong and should be very careful what he writes. Unlike me Roger takes a lot of money from the public purse from the FCS and they have invested heavily in the LDNS . If he has a vendetta against me fine but i believe he should keep it between me and himself and should make sure he portrays the truth . :thumbs: . But like your post your not sure of very much now are you. :icon_redface:

You will have to get that rusty sword of truth out again then David :bye:

:boogy:

Edited by Caprelous

Yawn, there you go again DAVID QUARRELL, dont you get bored with beating the same old drum.

Anyone with the vagest grasp of the English language (you are excluded from that circle) would have noticed that I was not slagging off ALL deer groups, but to try and help you understand I have added the relevant paragraph from my post here " Gents, this is the very same numpty that constantly bangs on about how bad the Forestry Commission and SNH are and yet he sits on the development board of yet another "dmg", read his posts on the stalking directory making out that he is not in bed with the "authorities yet he swaps spit at the same table, this is the link http://www.deer-management.co.uk/ldns/ click on the "development Committee link and his name is there"

You have been ranting your libelous comments for ages about the FCS/SNH and now you are trying to con everyone into that you dont talk to them, admit it david you've been exposed for the fake that you are.

Roger being one of the chaps that came to me with no stalking and was given free run of a few of my areas.Shooting many good buck and even taking a nice bronze for free. What planet are you on david, "free run" I came stalking with you once, and that was payment for the work I did getting you out of the shit with your finances because you couldnt do it yourself (could'nt bribe the bank with a mornings stalking :laugh: ) I shot one poxy buck that I called when I was teaching you how to use a butollo and I never saw the head again, broze medal my arse, post a copy of the certificate with my name on it then, oh, er, cant find it just now :feck:

As for "group members" pulling me out of the shit with a contract dont make me laugh, you are jealous of me david, admit it, thats why you tried so hard to bad mouth me writing to FCS and SWVQAS, you even tried to tell them that I let you go shooting on the contract, it all fell apart when you said "on his grund at Straiton" I never worked anywhere near there, you dope.

Now go and show some more teenagers what a clever driving instructor you are, oh have I let the cat out of the bag, maybe some members on here thought he was a deer manager, nah, he's a recreational stalker like the rest of us.

The names of the people who have condemned the committee and its plans have been sent they can theN comment direct to the FC/SNH or the ADMG. Ha, I hope you have included your own name in the list, or at least directed them to some of your posts on the "other" forum.

Rant on as much as you like "davie" you are a pretender and a wannabe, you talk the talk, but you dont walk the walk. :bye:

Edited by Sherrif

Yawn, there you go again DAVID QUARRELL, dont you get bored with beating the same old drum.

Anyone with the vagest grasp of the English language (you are excluded from that circle) would have noticed that I was not slagging off ALL deer groups, but to try and help you understand I have added the relevant paragraph from my post here " Gents, this is the very same numpty that constantly bangs on about how bad the Forestry Commission and SNH are and yet he sits on the development board of yet another "dmg", read his posts on the stalking directory making out that he is not in bed with the "authorities yet he swaps spit at the same table, this is the link http://www.deer-management.co.uk/ldns/ click on the "development Committee link and his name is there"

You have been ranting your libelous comments for ages about the FCS/SNH and now you are trying to con everyone into that you dont talk to them, admit it david you've been exposed for the fake that you are.

Roger being one of the chaps that came to me with no stalking and was given free run of a few of my areas.Shooting many good buck and even taking a nice bronze for free. What planet are you on david, "free run" I came stalking with you once, and that was payment for the work I did getting you out of the shit with your finances because you couldnt do it yourself (could'nt bribe the bank with a mornings stalking :laugh: ) I shot one poxy buck that I called when I was teaching you how to use a butollo and I never saw the head again, broze medal my arse, post a copy of the certificate with my name on it then, oh, er, cant find it just now :feck:

As for "group members" pulling me out of the shit with a contract dont make me laugh, you are jealous of me david, admit it, thats why you tried so hard to bad mouth me writing to FCS and SWVQAS, you even tried to tell them that I let you go shooting on the contract, it all fell apart when you said "on his grund at Straiton" I never worked anywhere near there, you dope.

Now go and show some more teenagers what a clever driving instructor you are, oh have I let the cat out of the bag, maybe some members on here thought he was a deer manager, nah, he's a recreational stalker like the rest of us.

The names of the people who have condemned the committee and its plans have been sent they can theN comment direct to the FC/SNH or the ADMG. Ha, I hope you have included your own name in the list, or at least directed them to some of your posts on the "other" forum.

Rant on as much as you like "davie" you are a pretender and a wannabe, you talk the talk, but you dont walk the walk. :bye:

Can someone help me here, my sides are killing me laughing :laugh:

Apologies I know i shouldnt :blink:

Any chance you fellas could all swap numbers and conferance call each other to sort this out? You've all got good stuff to contribute individually but its not half boring when you go at each other on here all the time.

Roger Norton you could not tell the truth if it smacked you in that weasel face of yours. LMFAO good night old fella.

Ha ha,

One has to wonder if you know what the truth is Mr D Quarrel. Do you actually live in the real world Walter or have you told that many lies your now unable to tell whats truth and fiction.

Well Mr Mitty If this Mr Norton takes you to court again but this time for slander of his character i think more will help him than you. Heh you you already know that feeling.

From what i have been told, you don't what real life is, is it not the case that you borrow items then cant return them or pass them on to others.

Is it not also the case that you attempt to sell others good too...

I see that you have posted some pictures of high seats on another thread, erm wonder whom they belong too and whom will be coming looking for their goods next.

Admit it your a hypocrite, do as i say not as i do. You denounce groups for there (CROOKED WAYS) end quote yet are happy to sip free tea with them if you think your getting something for free.

regards Big d,

Walter Mitty is a fictional character in James Thurber's short story "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", first published in the New Yorker on March 18, 1939, and in book form in My World and Welcome to It in1942. It was made into a film in 1947.[1]

Mitty is a meek, mild man with a vivid fantasy life: in a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. The character's name has come into more general use to refer to an ineffectual dreamer, appearing in several dictionaries.[2] The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs".[3] The most famous of Thurber's inept male protagonists, the character is considered "the archetype for dreamy, hapless, Thurber Man".[4]

Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies the audience meets well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.

Edited by treatitwithrespect