A few fence snares out,hares and rabbits

Well had bodgerbear coming up on saturday morning for a bit of ferreting so i though i would put a few fence snares out,the missus fancied a hare for dinner :laugh: .So gets to the farm and started looking about a couple of hares ran of the field as i was walking the fence line,there was a nice wind blowing as well so though could be on for a good sesh.So set the wires along a fence that seperated a grass field from a wheat field.Went back saturday morning and had 2 hares and 2 rabbits not a big bag but nice to be out setting a few.

This rabbit was snared round the back amatuer i know :icon_redface::laugh:

07012012523.jpg

07012012521.jpg

BODGERBEAR ABOUT TO TAKE A HARE OUT OF A SNARE

07012012524.jpg

He loved carrying the hares and rabbits across two fields,one ploughed back to the car :whistling::toast:

END OF DAY INCLUDING THE ONES WE FERRETED

07012012530.jpg

• Like 1

You eating the hares?

Yes why?

Because he was going to come out with a snide, prejudiced comment, without thinking of what he actually does himself...

Like what? to be honest i expected some stick because of the post anyway but sod 'em each to there own

I agree - if you want to clean up you can't get more efficient than a .22 and a lamp with a red filter :yes: As for a feeling of achievement I think finding a hare in a snare you've made yourself, set deliberately on a beat you've identified at the exact height relative to the grass is pretty damn satisfying. Nice one Mr T. Wish I had the knack with the wires but then you're learnt from the masters. Lucky bugger.

I agree - if you want to clean up you can't get more efficient than a .22 and a lamp with a red filter :yes: As for a feeling of achievement I think finding a hare in a snare you've made yourself, set deliberately on a beat you've identified at the exact height relative to the grass is pretty damn satisfying. Nice one Mr T. Wish I had the knack with the wires but then you're learnt from the masters. Lucky bugger.

Cheers mate your right it is very satisfying and your right about clean up,.22 etc this was just setting a few snares to get a hare for dinner and to keep the missus happy,and all us lads know it makes for a quiet life :laugh: to be fair though the missus skinned and gutted it and then cooked it,shes a good 'un :laugh: