How was your 2011 deer season

Depends what Caprelous means when he speaks of a clean weight. Does he mean just green gralloched with head and legs still on? Or head and legs off and as you would present it to a game dealer ?

Green out (Viscera). legs and head on just to clarify whats being weighed out here. (CLEAN)

average weights though between 38lbs to 42llbs so average 40lbs The 68lb beast was the largest ever i shot but had a few at over 65lb clean but exceptionally rare. Lets put it this way when ones shot everone in the syndicate is aware of it and they usually all come to have a look no matter who shot it the last one shot at 65lb mark was some 4 years ago according to my records by one of the other lads in the syndicate.

Larder Dress weights 34lbs to 38lbs are normally between theses two ( viscera and pluck removed Head and legs off skin on) with exceptions either way

Some game dealers want head and legs on others dont but their choice will present either way obviously if they want the head and legs off the weights are considerably less.

If your putting them in the F.C larder they like to remove the bottom jaw out themselves for further research and further inspection themselves.

Regards

Stu

Edited by Caprelous
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont know where these weights are coming from to be honest and i would say theres been a bit of long nose syndrome myself as the roe in the south are said to be the best fed yet they struggle to make

We only do whats needed, as they are a joy to see. Covering a reasonably large acreage, We culed 60+ last year of various breeds due to age or well being of the heards.

From the few I've seen (I admit I don't do roe as there aren't very many in my area) there can be an enormous variation in size: the big does can make a 26" 55lb lurcher look tiny, whilst the smaller

Posted Images

Nice pics. Whitetail are a very big deer compared to our Roe, and big comapred to our Fallow and Sika aswell.

I think that they are most closely related to Roe when comparing to the european/asiatic species.

What was the outcome of the two tangled bucks? I guess it would have been a bit tricky to disengage them safely?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics. Whitetail are a very big deer compared to our Roe, and big comapred to our Fallow and Sika aswell.

I think that they are most closely related to Roe when comparing to the european/asiatic species.

What was the outcome of the two tangled bucks? I guess it would have been a bit tricky to disengage them safely?

Sorry so late getting back to you, the deer on the ground died from exhaustion and the other deer was darted to untangle them. It did survive but they had to cut the antlers in order to untangle them. It was a shame to lose such a big deer out of the gene pool but at least one of them survived.

Cheers and safe hunting