My Fowling

im very fortunate to have access to a small part of a tidal marsh where a mate has the grazing rights,last season i dabbled down there in the early mornings tide permitting and this was my first taste of fowling..........,im now a fowling addict !

i rough shoot with the farmers brother-in-law who had a small shoot on the adjoining farm and it was him that put me onto evening flighting duck. I have been feeding a splash on the marsh now on and off due to work commitments and also getting out ferreting and hawking since the season has begun.

i have had mixed success with teal and widgeon being shot over the splash and the odd mallard whilst walking out to it.my mate assures me once the weather hardens off the widgeon come in in big numbers.....i look forward to it

heres some pics and i'll try and update as the season draws to an end.

the splash, a gutter runs along side it and thats where i lay in wait

032.jpg

heading out with my middle son

033.jpg

young vizsla lays patiently...she got her first duck retrieve the same night

IMG_0350.jpg

i keep some old decoys out there permanently and take a mix of widgeon and mallard out each time i been using the FUD's and they seem to be ok

my son feeds

IMG_0465.jpg

and holds an empty gun for a pic

036.jpg

luck on the way out....always makes sitting in the cold more plesant

031.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

widgeon and pigeon supper

IMG_0451.jpg

good fowling to you

i keep some old decoys out there permanently and take a mix of widgeon and mallard out each time i been using the FUD's and they seem to be ok

my son feeds

IMG_0465.jpg

and holds an empty gun for a pic

036.jpg

luck on the way out....always makes sitting in the cold more plesant

031.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

widgeon and pigeon supper

IMG_0451.jpg

good fowling to you

Feeding the flash doesnt seem right to me...............

went out last night with my son and he got his first proper taste of fowling and really enjoyed cos the ducks came in well i got a brace of teal and a widgeon:) the cocker picking up well!!!

managed some phone pics as my boy was on hand to help

heading out

IMG_0477.jpg

life in the gutter

IMG_0483.jpg

deeks out

IMG_0480.jpg

and home with supper

IMG_0485.jpg

bug has bit............................im off out again now !!!!

jason

Well I got 5 from 5 shots tonight widgeon and a teal so called it a night a very happy fowler the cocker once again picking up well from the reeds. Gave a brace to my farmer friend as he was milking as I came off the marsh,

Happy days

Jason

well done , its nice to see some young blood taking interest in the sport of wildfowling , i am afraid there is not many young lads that want to now days ...

also its nice to see you eating the fowl you shot not many do ....

nice pics keep them coming ....

regards wag

Nice Pics and looks like you are having some good sport on it, as a wildfowler i am not a fan of feeding, this to me is more like flighting ducks then wildfowling BUT each to there own. Just be careful that your farmer friends has the shooting rights ASWELL as the grazing rights as in most cases they are not leased together. ATB

well done , its nice to see some young blood taking interest in the sport of wildfowling , i am afraid there is not many young lads that want to now days ...

regards wag

Thanks for the positive comments Wag

Jay

regards wag

Jay

No worries, it's nice to look at a thread and see someone has taken the time to do a nice write up and ad photo's of there trips wildfowling ... than some just plonking a photo on and just say shot these today and that's all they say , i like to here and read about other fowlers out and about, also takin the time to show the young ones how to go on after all they are our future and without them i feel wildfowling will be a thing of the past .... ....

regards wag :thumbs:

regards wag

We share similar views and values thanks again

Jay

Jay

No worries, it's nice to look at a thread and see someone has taken the time to do a nice write up and ad photo's of there trips wildfowling ... than some just plonking a photo on and just say shot these today and that's all they say , i like to here and read about other fowlers out and about, also takin the time to show the young ones how to go on after all they are our future and without them i feel wildfowling will be a thing of the past .... ....

regards wag

Jay

+1