Do you need tips on setting the cam on the scope or laser?

As for setting the cam on the scope I use the cam on auto focus to get a clear pic of the cross hairs and then knock the auto focus off and onto manual. Depending on the distance of the cam from the scope you will need to zoom in the mag of the camera to fill the screen(my cam's on about 5x). Once you've got a clear pic of the cross hairs use your scope for mag and parrallax for clarity but I don't really need to touch my parrallax.

As for the laser if you are testing the cam off the scope with the laser you need to zoom out to spot the laser then zoom into the dot once you spot it. Again using the cam on auto focus will cause the image to blur out therefore needing to zoom back out to regain clarity. Again I use the autofocus to set the cam for the rough distance I want to be looking then switch to manual focus so you don't loose the image to blur and only minor adjustments are required. Twist the laser head to open the beam to the most spread which gives decent viewing, depending on distance, scope and zoom. Don't expect a great picture using your cam on digital zoom, try and stay in the optical zoom range.

You obviously need your cam set to nightshot mode to pick up the laser, if you state the cam you are using Im sure someone will tell you exactly what's needed. What I've said could be the worst way to set up the cam but I don't really use it and that's what worked for me...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I've got one, Great value for money, extremely well built and bright as fwook.   If you are using digital nv like a camcorder they are superb, nice and wide beam close up and tighten up nice for

hi brilliant nearly ordered the n1000 today until i read about this gonna order the ir300 tommorow thanks

That was a bit harsh mate.   The clip was done on a 1/8 chip camera so no where near as good as you are talking about in a sony pc9e camera with a 1/4 chip sensor (i since have a 1/4 chip camera my

just tried 4 brand new duracell batteries in it and still no difference,really getting pissed off now totally baffled has to be the lens of the laser i think as when moving from flood to spot the lines spin round at the same time as shown in the video

Thanks for your help on this, really confused on this have spent ages trying to sort this out,when i saw the video review could`nt wait to get one and would have been happy with the same results as he was getting,so i am going to get an exchange on the one i have got and see what happens after that.thanks again.

Darren

Edited by ddarren

just tried 4 brand new duracell batteries in it and still no difference,really getting pissed off now totally baffled has to be the lens of the laser i think as when moving from flood to spot the lines spin round at the same time as shown in the video

Where did you order it from? Direct from Night Hunter site?

Darren Nite hunter just texted me he wants you to phone him so he can sort the problem out for you. What mag you got the scope set on mate? You ideally need it on x3 of 4 with that cam and no higher. Open the laser then to half power and zero it to your camera. zoom in on the cam then till the picture is full at half power then go back to flood if shooting close range. Please phone anthoni though. Si

Edited by zini

hi got the scope set on lowest possible but will try what you have said,got the scope you reccomended,will give him a ring when i have tried it again hope it`s me not doin it right and not the laser,

Darren