• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I've got one, Great value for money, extremely well built and bright as fwook.   If you are using digital nv like a camcorder they are superb, nice and wide beam close up and tighten up nice for

hi brilliant nearly ordered the n1000 today until i read about this gonna order the ir300 tommorow thanks

That was a bit harsh mate.   The clip was done on a 1/8 chip camera so no where near as good as you are talking about in a sony pc9e camera with a 1/4 chip sensor (i since have a 1/4 chip camera my

Yes I've got one, Great value for money, extremely well built and bright as fwook.

If you are using digital nv like a camcorder they are superb, nice and wide beam close up and tighten up nice for distance shooting. That vid doesn't do it justice for distance, at 100yrds with something like a sony pc9e on a scope it's like daylight. They are brighter than a N1000.

Edited by sako
  • Like 1

hi lads am thinkin of buying one of these ir 300 just i have use all of the illuminators and they dont come up to what the sellers say so thats y am skeptic with new products that come on the net anyway is it as good as they say it is some info please lads cheers newbe pete.

All I'll say is that there are illuminators out there that 'claim' to be high powered. This is definitely high powered, I've got a n1000 which serves all purposes but with a camcorder the 300mw gives a far better/brighter pic at distance. Can't tell you how it would perform with gen 1 but would imagine it would be good as it needs a lot of IR. With gen2+ the 300mw laser is to bright for close range.

No mate that's wrong it will work with anything even gen3. It works well with digital because it needs so much IR. I'd say if it's for camcorder/digital, gen1 nv then go for a 300mw but gen2 and above stick to variable power until a dimmer is available as it's to bright...

I wouldn't advice using it with Gen3. Its way to powerful. As far as i'm aware there will be 500MW i duo time.

Exactly that's why I said above gen1/camcorder's etc 'until' a dimmer is available but it will 'work' with anything in answer to the question of only working with digital but isn't recomended for gen 2 and above.

Yes I've got one, Great value for money, extremely well built and bright as fwook.

If you are using digital nv like a camcorder they are superb, nice and wide beam close up and tighten up nice for distance shooting. That vid doesn't do it justice for distance, at 100yrds with something like a sony pc9e on a scope it's like daylight. They are brighter than a N1000.

That was a bit harsh mate.

The clip was done on a 1/8 chip camera so no where near as good as you are talking about in a sony pc9e camera with a 1/4 chip sensor (i since have a 1/4 chip camera myself).

For the camera and chip i was using it does the IR300 lots of justice and it was based around air rifle hunters who dont shoot past 50 metres, so if i could of seen rabbits at 70 yards at 30 to 50 yards shooting with a air rifle was good.

Here is a clip with the new 1/4 chip sensor, yet again for air rifle hunters.

Hope it does it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji921AYre_w

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

The clip was done on a 1/8 chip camera so no where near as good as you are talking about in a sony pc9e camera with a 1/4 chip sensor (i since have a 1/4 chip camera myself).

For the camera and chip i was using it does the IR300 lots of justice and it was based around air rifle hunters who dont shoot past 50 metres, so if i could of seen rabbits at 70 yards at 30 to 50 yards shooting with a air rifle was good.

Hope it does it justice.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ji921AYre_w

Si.

I think you are taking it the wrong way for what sako is saying is the IR300 laser is that good and if you use it on other units its capable of greater distances.

Sako isn't the sort of member that would slate anyones ideas / projects or ability off but it is easy to miss understand a post :yes:

Hope it does it justice.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ji921AYre_w

Si.

I think you are taking it the wrong way for what sako is saying is the IR300 laser is that good and if you use it on other units its capable of greater distances.

Sako isn't the sort of member that would slate anyones ideas / projects or ability off but it is easy to miss understand a post :yes:

Pestcontrol, that's exactly what I meant, thank you for wording it so elequently :thumbs:

Zini please don't take offence at my post about doing justice, it was in no way a dig at your video or your equipment. As Pestcontrol said above I was only trying to say that with the 300mw laser and as you say the 'right' camcorders then greater distances are easily achieved with spectacular results.

I've watched both your videos (and others) prior to reading this thread and would be the first to commend you on you camera skills :thumbs: .