• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

grow an acre of cannibis an retire

And thats very cheap, a place just down the road from me with 6.5 acres, bungalow and 2 poly tunnels sold for over £600k.   We gave up looking for a place to live on with land just silly money round

if i can raise 60,000euro i can probably buy out my mothers share of my parents house 3bed bungalow, 2reception rooms with 6.5acres + stables, sheds, stream, 200yard driveway. 1.5miles from a village,

Alpaca's an expensive pointless pet. Sheep, chicken and pigs are fairly simple and rewarding. Vegetables are good for you :D, plant some fruit trees and make sure you plan things properly.

Are you looking to earn money or fill your belly?

Alpaca's an expensive pointless pet. Sheep, chicken and pigs are fairly simple and rewarding. Vegetables are good for you :D, plant some fruit trees and make sure you plan things properly.

Making money isn't the main priority, although I'm not going to turn my nose up at making some extra pennies realistically! It would be nice to cover some of the costs of growing and rearing my own stuff if possible. I want to grow my own food and enjoy eating it, am toying with the idea of having a rabbit pen for people with gundogs to hire for training purposes, but we'll see. It's looking like May/June before I'm moving in so plenty of time to plan it. I'm very excited about it all, have grafted for 15 years for this!

you'll be putting mr fearnly whittingstall to shame in no time ! hopefully you can follow on with your own t.v. series ! lol good luck with your new venture a.t.b sfa

Whilst I do enjoy watching mr fearlny whittingstall - I think I get my hands dirty hunting a bit more than he does! He's got 40 acres now, how good would that be!!!!

Hope it all goes well,You will be living the Dream mate. I tell ya what it must be a good feeling knowing what's to come.I'm stuck at work planning it for ya I've all ready put up pens gates,pig sheds ,crops a veg patch, polly tunels and lots more on your 6 acre lol

Good luck with the future

Atb 223

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

if your planning on selling meat you will have to be Registered’ with or ‘Approved’ by your local Environmental Health Department who will wish to be satisfied that the facilities are suitable and safe for use for this purpose. also all animals have to be slaughtered at a slaughterhouse price depending on the animal, you will also need a movement certifcate but there easy to get

Im just looking at moving to farm with 7.5acres + outbuildings it used to be an old growers place great for growing, but as Im from farming back ground will also have livestock- calfs from mate for beef, pigs prob saddle backs or old spots, chickens- layers and meat birds, ducks, geese, guniea fowl, then my kennles will be in the old cow barn, and bonus been the land all around it is my permission

if you have a big enough shed you can also fatten on pigs for one of the companys and get a good return

Edited by Clare

Alpaca's and pigs pay all my bills, including vehicles. I would hardly call them pointless. Ive eaten a couple too, and there mighty tasty meat. They breed easy, and are hardy, with little call for vets or expensive feeds apart from hay in winter and a bit of meal (which I grow and make myself).

Pigs are the best animals on our holding, the old sows are great with the kids, and rear enough piglets too keep us well fed, we make all of our own parma style hams, salamis, bacon. The sale of weaners brings in plenty of revenue.

Choose your base stock wisely, it can be worth it in the long run to pay a little extra for good animals, that will set you in good stead for years to come.

Alpaca's and pigs pay all my bills, including vehicles. I would hardly call them pointless. Ive eaten a couple too, and there mighty tasty meat. They breed easy, and are hardy, with little call for vets or expensive feeds

Alpaca's, how many have you got and how much did you earn out of them last season (truthfully).

if your planning on selling meat you will have to be Registered’ with or ‘Approved’ by your local Environmental Health Department who will wish to be satisfied that the facilities are suitable and safe for use for this purpose. also all animals have to be slaughtered at a slaughterhouse price depending on the animal, you will also need a movement certifcate but there easy to get

Im just looking at moving to farm with 7.5acres + outbuildings it used to be an old growers place great for growing, but as Im from farming back ground will also have livestock- calfs from mate for beef, pigs prob saddle backs or old spots, chickens- layers and meat birds, ducks, geese, guniea fowl, then my kennles will be in the old cow barn, and bonus been the land all around it is my permission

if you have a big enough shed you can also fatten on pigs for one of the companys and get a good return

just out of interest how much is a farm with outbuildings and 7.5acres.

just out of interest how much is a farm with outbuildings and 7.5acres.

to bloody much, the house is in need of total revamp due to some twats breaking in and ripping all pipes and lead up, but just lets say i wont have much change left from £200k