UP THE DALES ,,, done the ton again

Personally I like to see other peoples dogs and doing it the way tomo and the lads do it would not interest me but they still get the best numbers I've ever heard off but when you are sat with the people I sit with they would say and what use is 100 rabbits?

a dam site more use than a dead fox ,,, or those others

depends what the farmer asks don't it

of course , :thumbs: pest control is pest control.......so why make a coment about what good is 100 dead rabbits......????

• Like 1

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had a cracking night last night with poacherspocket, and his sons frankel, and ginnyspinner frankel had don, and ginnyspiner had the labradoor ,,, the plan was to drop frankel and ginny on one far

im supriced at the few people that think its easy ,,, let me just add we were at it from 9 pm til around 4 am,, then driving round pic up points, then hanging them on the gate ect,,,, left the land

well you have a point to a certain degree doggy bag,, and i suppose if your judging a lurcher it should be on all round ability,, unless of course it is a purpose bred dog...   you will notice thr

no doubt robert you put good numbers away and i love seeing your topics,

but on this topic you seem to be a bit negative do you think these lads did the ton?????? or 3 blokes doing it this way do you not think the title is appropiate for the effort they put in

Rate Topic star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png2 votes

UP THE DALES ,,, done the ton again

not at all, andys to lads lamped together and tomo lamped with andy but they did not all lamp together! Thus in my opinion they did not do the ton!

but the topic says UP THE DALES ,,, done the ton again

doesnt mention 1 dog or 3 dogs just says the above so stop mixing words and looking for an argument

ok i get you now so your saying if 4 lads go out of this internet all get 51 rabbits of the dales on differant farms with there dogs and meet up for a coffee and photo shoot at the end of the night is that classed as doing the 2 ton :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

NO NOT MIXING ME WORDS MATE,,WHAT 123456, HAS PUT HIS A ARKWRD 1,, HAS IVE PUT, WHEN ME AND SHORNOVDERBY GO OUT, WE ADD THE 88 THIS SEESON AND THEN COME ACROSS A DEAD DEER,, WHAT CRABBED THE NITE,,FOR THE RABBS,, WE RUN NEXT TO EACH ,CAN NOT AFORD TO AV TO LAMPS FLASHING A ROUND THE AREA,,, IFF YOU NO WHAT I MEAN,,, BUT IFF SHORN WAS UP THE ROAD A MILE AND THEN WE MET UP, AT THE END OF THE NITE,,ADD A SANDWICH,, THEN PUT THEM UP, ON SHOW,, I MY SELF WUD NOT FIND IT THE SAME HAS WHEN WE HAVE DONE IT TOGEATHER,,, EVERY ONE TO THERE OWN

thats a different senario than going together,thats both going out on different places then meeting up for crack,

with out getting this out hand has things do,,tomo said the lads was on diffrent farm down the road wheather it a mile or half mile,,, its the same has i put,,probley,, what people think joe blogs comes from cumbria,, joe blogs comes from the midlands,,, some times 1 gets there before the other, and has so many in the bag befor the other chap gets there,,,, vise versa,,, then they split up and meat again,,,for the pic,,,i can see were folk are going from,,, but for get the end pic the dogs have add a full nites work thats the main thing,,,, ive bin in the 50,s 4 times this season,, iff i add met up with 1 of these lads the ton wud of bin done 4 time 2 dogs,,, but my dog wud of only done the same number on the nite,,, so what ever the way they work its working,,,and there dogs are out,,

I didn't say I said that, none of the people I associate myself with have probably killed over 30 bunnies in a session

ok each to there own we all prefer difrent asepcts of fieldsports,, and personly i would support them all.....................but where are you going with this???

Aye superb bag Tomo and crew, Its not like you hid the fact that there were a few different operations going on here, you posted it as it was, and gave the totals each dog caught.

The title gives it as it is, 100 rabbits on the gate.

Me and the old feller have only ever done that number twice.a 105 and a 103 in Feb on untouched land. It was at daytime and with one dog and two ferrets, the 105 first with me and the old feller, and 3 days later the 103 with the old feller with the same dog and same 2 ferrets.

I'd say maybee 75% (including bolters) and 25%digs on ferrets.

MInd you peeps would not probably count the ferreted ones as part of a daytime total! :whistling:

Well done Tomo for an honest report.

• Like 1

What i will say and Jim will know where i'm coming from here i hope? My lads went with two dogs of which one was just a puppy...each dog obviously getting a rest between runs on this occasion but Tomo's bitch Venus ran each and EVERY single bunny without a rest..we certainly never gave her one lol..just run after run after run...Jim does it on these kind of numbers too and it ain't no walk in the park when your running 70+ bunnies without a break on ground thats difficult to walk on let alone run and i'm sure he can confirm that?,those that ain't tried doing it perhaps should make an effort and go do it then come back and report to the rest of us...opinions may just differ from what they thought/think about the task in hand? ATB folks Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 2

andy im like a handfull or less on here,, and want the best out of the winter.. what my body and dogs will give me,,these winters, when hit come to end,, my brain his ready my body his ready,,, we put 100 percent in to,, by fack what with all the miles, clocked up, all the wet nites,5 to 6 hours walking with yer wellis filling up with water your cloths can not take any more,,,, for get the numbers,for a min,,,we must be fackin mad,,, and then breaking me back ferreting,,, then getting wet again on the birds,, crazy

Edited by robert michem

No one is claiming any DOG did a ton. Tomo is simply saying he and his mates took three dogs on his land and came home with over 100 rabbits. No wonder a lot of lads don't post their exploits on here now ! The jealousy on here is unbelievable !!

Cheers.

Tomo is one of the best posters on this site,I always look forward to his write ups and pics .It would be a shame if he stopped putting pics up because of the negative comments , but perfectly understandable,imo.

God all mighty , there are some sour folks on here.

• Like 8

andy im like a handfull or less on here,, and want the best out of the winter.. what my body and dogs will give me,,these winters, when hit come to end,, my brain his ready my body his ready,,, we put 100 percent in to,, by fack what with all the miles, clocked up, all the wet nites,5 to 6 hours walking with yer wellis filling up with water your cloths can not take any more,,,, for get the numbers,for a min,,,we must be fackin mad,,, and then breaking me back ferreting,,, then getting wet again on the birds,, crazy

Aye,totally agree Jim..i'm still f*****g dying from t'other night carrying those b*****d things haha...-9c it was up on those tops in a howling wind,tore right through your f*****g clothes and through to the bones..muscles,bones aching like f**k,ribs and shoulders bruised to f**k carrying the darn rabbits up and down fellsides,throat looks like i've gargled 1/2 dozen razor blades,the wind just ripped the back of your throat out...it was that easy of a shift we are off tomorrow for more of the same!! Mad ,stupid,f*****g thick i'm not to sure?..i like to call it dedication mate? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 1

unbeleivable the sad jealous idiots on this site who would pick this post to bits just because the lads were split up and combined their total ffs were they supposed to walk the same field in a gang making more noise and getting less runs? get a grip sad losers it must pain you to the guts to see someone else doing better with their dogs than you :bad::cray:

What i will say and Jim will know where i'm coming from here i hope? My lads went with two dogs of which one was just a puppy...each dog obviously getting a rest between runs on this occasion but Tomo's bitch Venus ran each and EVERY single bunny without a rest..we certainly never gave her one lol..just run after run after run...Jim does it on these kind of numbers too and it ain't no walk in the park when your running 70+ bunnies without a break on ground thats difficult to walk on let alone run and i'm sure he can confirm that?,those that ain't tried doing it perhaps should make an effort and go do it then come back and report to the rest of us...opinions may just differ from what they thought/think about the task in hand? ATB folks Andy. :thumbs:

imo theres only a handfull of people who actually know and understand what it takes.

imo theres only a handfull of people who actually know and understand what it takes.

or like last night.! :yes: