bull greyhound performance/looks your opinions?

just wondering what peoples views are on what a bull greyhound should look like or more favorable looks and what kind of performance you should get from them.

my opinion is a really racey well muscled greyhound body with a greyhouds head but just a little thicker jaw for bite power nothing like these big barrel heads you see though and great wide chests surely that would hinder there running as the back legs would have to be really wide apart to pass front legs and chest when running.

mentality

greyhound temperment with a higher pain threshold and prey drive from the bull and not back down

my perfect height would be 23 24 tts bitch as i prefer smaller dogs

colour

black

In the field

i would expect it to be just as quick and agile as a greyhound or grew of the same height but more stamina as proper bull had to have alot of stamina. take lamping for a good few hours and say be able to handle 20 30 runs on rabbits 2 or 3 nights a week not that it would ever get that many runs with me but just incase and deal with basil when bumped into

ive seen a couple at shows that looked just what i like but not many most are like tanks but i have never seen any working do you think i have just wrote a wish list or can you get them like this?what are your opinions on body structure and performance of this breed?

put some pics up of racey 1z if yous have any much appreciated

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Callum, your opinion of what a bull greyhound should look like is just that 'your opinion'. Those big headed half crosses that you and some on here dismiss as too heavy & slow might just surprise

or this lol but only got 15% bull in him but put a few bullxs to shame

has the dog above chewed its ass to bits with fleas?

Posted Images

i think a very racey one would be a must but i dont think they're a dog of choice when it comes to bunnies. they will be ok but would be as good as a good collie grey or whippet cross on bunnies. more of a big game dog

That's not a wish list, just a well bred 3/8bullx or a 1/4bullx

Dogs for jobs though, and the dog you just described can't handle certain work consistently enough for some. Hence the reason line bred half crosses are used.

They breed fairly fast dogs with big strong heads for a reason...

Dogs for jobs though, and the dog you just described can't handle certain work consistently enough for some. Hence the reason line bred half crosses are used.

I disagree with the comment on they cant handle certain work constantly as i can show u mine and u put it nxt to any half cross n it will stay. I lamp invetween 2-5 times a week n for about 5 hrs n yes they have b fit as u dnt want a tired dog findin itself on summit n its too tired but i go with lads with half crosses etc etc n most of them do the same as mine but jus more power. Its not the size of a dog its its commitment n heart to do it.

the best lurcher i have ever owned was a three quarter greyhound quarter apb she took every species of game reguarly day and night and never took a backward step in her life she was 23 tts and racy but muscular build . their no differant to any other cross in that theres good and bad ones .like most lines and crosses that are out there .

I disagree with the comment on they cant handle certain work constantly as i can show u mine and u put it nxt to any half cross n it will stay. I lamp invetween 2-5 times a week n for about 5 hrs n yes they have b fit as u dnt want a tired dog findin itself on summit n its too tired but i go with lads with half crosses etc etc n most of them do the same as mine but jus more power. Its not the size of a dog its its commitment n heart to do it.

I won't diagree with you, I'm sure a good one will match most other dogs at it, Their just harder to find :good:

I was more pointing out that the bucket heads (his words) have their own uses.