I'm after a tough pair of boots for mooching, lamping, walking a lot through rough stuff i brought a pair of Brashers last year and they lasted three month before the leather on the front had gone and the sole had split any ideas on a good pair of boots please lads :hmm:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

le chamue had em since last christmas doing well warm waterproof bit pricey though but sound

Army surplus wouldn't use them for firewood......   What boots...... Well I've got altberg Warriors and lows mountain gtx.......   Used the lowas in Afghan 2009 and both in the winter tour-sep 2

I've been looking at them altberg boots, they get really good reviews, all boots seem expensive lately, but if they last it's worth paying that bit extra, altberg pride themselves on fitting with several different options in each size, do you know which style u bought, they make many different versions, the two I'm interested in are the gamekeeper and the stalker versions, both being higher on the leg,availability seems awkward as most stockists are only for hill walking styles, looks like mail order for the ones I prefere.

Anyone had any first hand experience of these boots ?

i got meself some altberg boots a few month ago, i will never never buy a diffrent pair now, they are that good a couple a my mates have went an bought the exact same boots, cos they can see how well mine are doing :boogy:

Just looked on their web site going to treat myself to a pair wich ones would you recomend.atb dell

Army surplus :laugh: wouldn't use them for firewood......

What boots...... Well I've got altberg Warriors and lows mountain gtx.......

Used the lowas in

Afghan 2009 and both in the winter tour-sep 2010- april2011.

Honest opinion:

Altberg-

I went to the altberg factory in Richmond to get them fitted. I have

No complaints about them apart from I (and others) feel they get a bit cold on the toes. Pretty

Durable and look the part.

Lowa-

The toughest boots I've used. Had them since 2008 and they're

Still doing the job. Very tough soles, good ankle support and comfy

As feck......bit heavier than the altberg.

Most the lads I work with have a pair of

Both. Altbergs are a top boot and

We use them for day to day use and when we need to look smart. Lowas are the workhorses for us, we change to them when were gonna put the boots through some stick. Very, very tough boots and pretty

Warm. Afghan in winter at night is a pretty harsh place and lowas have served me well.

Both are a good choice. Similar price and do similar things. I'd be happy with either

But for dog work/digging the lowa comes out on top....... For general mooching and walking

It's altberg :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've been looking at them altberg boots, they get really good reviews, all boots seem expensive lately, but if they last it's worth paying that bit extra, altberg pride themselves on fitting with several different options in each size, do you know which style u bought, they make many different versions, the two I'm interested in are the gamekeeper and the stalker versions, both being higher on the leg,availability seems awkward as most stockists are only for hill walking styles, looks like mail order for the ones I prefere.

Anyone had any first hand experience of these boots ?

gamekeeper high moor boots are the pair i got now mate, but when i was in army i also had the patrol boots an they lasted longer than my army career :D

id recomend them to anybody in a heartbeat, an there customer services are 2nd to none :thumbs: