fantastic things....throw in a couple of chopped neck of lamb a bag of winter frozen veg 2 cups water tomatoe puree garlic s&p couple big spoons gravy granules put it on high and feck off to bed turn it to low next morning and lash a couple of tins butter beans in and get off out hunting back at 5pm feet up and fill ya belly mate ...bloody wonderful

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my missus just throws everything in hers

http://slowcookerrecipes.org.uk/   http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/popular-dishes/slow-cooker   and one of my favorites for simple food is netmums LOL   http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/

they are the dogs goolies....rabbit cooks very well in them...

Anybody use them?? just got one looking for a few recipes al the ones on the net seem to be American shit :bad:

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

Lol No mate when the local chink knows who you are just from the initial "hello" when you ring up you know you've got a problem!!!

Me and her are f*****g useless in the kitchen and lived on takeaways but these things are a piece of piss. So far we've had curry, stew, spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie and a few other bits and bobs, the only trouble we've had is that things have been a bit watery we're not sure how to thicken them up??

i thought you eat really healthy by looks of you lol

I just do alot of training mate

by train, do you mean sleep under hedges :blink:

I use one all the time for meat. But i do have a problem with veg. If i stick everything in together like some do one here, the veg stays raw?

After how long? That doesn't sound right, if anything I find they're too soft.

The last stew/casserol (whats the difference??) I made I left going for 6 or 7 hours. Was dead easy, I just browned the meat and chucked everything in.

Anybody use them?? just got one looking for a few recipes al the ones on the net seem to be American shit :bad:

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

Lol No mate when the local chink knows who you are just from the initial "hello" when you ring up you know you've got a problem!!!

Me and her are f*****g useless in the kitchen and lived on takeaways but these things are a piece of piss. So far we've had curry, stew, spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie and a few other bits and bobs, the only trouble we've had is that things have been a bit watery we're not sure how to thicken them up??

Use a roux to thicken your gravey/sauces

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

i thought you eat really healthy by looks of you lol

I just do alot of training mate

by train, do you mean sleep under hedges :blink:

:icon_redface:

• 2 weeks later...

Love the slow cooker or otherwise known as "the electric wife" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fry everything quickly to seal it and start it off, chuck it in the slow cooker with a good amount or stock/beer/sauce etc and let it cook!!

Mol, I think your doing something wrong as after 5 hours veg should be proper soft and well cooked, maybe get a new slow cooker or if it has a low/high setting try the high one ;)

If i do it on high, i would have to add the meat later, as it ends up over cooked and just drops to pieces.

I just want to be able to throw everything in like other folks do :cray:

I might try doing some veg later, on it's own and see what happens, how long etc :thumbs:

It was my cooker. Got my sis's old one and it cooks the veg perfectly :victory:

[quote name=redcharge'

timestamp='1324662764' post='2400795]

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

Lol No mate when the local chink knows who

you are just from the initial "hello" when you ring up you know you've got a problem!!!

Me and her are f*****g useless in the kitchen and lived on takeaways but these things are a piece of piss. So far we've had curry, stew, spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie and a few other

bits and bobs, the only trouble we've had is that things have been a bit watery we're not sure how to thicken them up??

corn flower ---- drain some stock off add gravy granules and a few spoons of corn

flower...

3 choices to thicken a sauce/stew

1- add gravy granules

2-add raw roux(50g fat+50gplain flour mixed together) add a bit at a time but needs to cook out.

3- cornflour,put cold water into a cup(quarter full) add a heaped teaspoon of cornflour to it and mix together so no lumps,slowly add to sauce while stirring a bit at a time till you have required thickness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got one for xmas a couple of years ago and love it. My normal 'lazy Sunday' recipe is as follows, ideal for chucking on then heading out with the mutt to clear a hangover...

Seal 1lb-ish of diced beef/rabbit/vennison in a frying pan with a dab of butter, then use the same pan to soften finely sliced onion & a couple of crushed cloves of garlic. Add a dash of red wine to the pan, heat up & scrape it out with a spatula to get the goodies off it. Dump in the slow cooker, then add a couple of chopped carrotts and some mushrooms. Crumble in an oxo cube, a small pinch of herb de provence, some black pepper, then pour over a pint of stock (veg or meat works equally as well really). Chuck in as much red wine as you fancy (I find about half a bottle normally does the trick), give it a good stir then leave on the 'high' setting for about 6hrs. Before eating, add a bit of cornflour paste if too thin, more booze if too thick. Serve with mustard mash & the remains of the bottle of red.