my mate lives on his own --- starts it on a sat with chicken adds to it everyday sunday - beef, mon - rabbit, tues - pheasant ,weds - pork, thurs - back on the beef , fri he go`s out for a curry emptys it and saves what he calls soup -- washs it out ready for sat :D :D keep telling him it cant be good for him but he looks well on it and his veg is always well done moll :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my missus just throws everything in hers

http://slowcookerrecipes.org.uk/   http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/popular-dishes/slow-cooker   and one of my favorites for simple food is netmums LOL   http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/

they are the dogs goolies....rabbit cooks very well in them...

Hark at you with your big Italian words this early in the day :laugh:

Definitely raw, do people slice them really thin to get them to cook?

chop ours up -- say carrots, leak, parsnip ,about an inch just chuck it in same time as the meat a good stew takes around 8 hrs float dumpling in for the last 20 mins ... or i chuck mine into a large yorkshire pudding .. cant see why your veg would be raw moll ..

Love the slow cooker or otherwise known as "the electric wife" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fry everything quickly to seal it and start it off, chuck it in the slow cooker with a good amount or stock/beer/sauce etc and let it cook!!

Mol, I think your doing something wrong as after 5 hours veg should be proper soft and well cooked, maybe get a new slow cooker or if it has a low/high setting try the high one ;)

Love the slow cooker or otherwise known as "the electric wife" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fry everything quickly to seal it and start it off, chuck it in the slow cooker with a good amount or stock/beer/sauce etc and let it cook!!

Mol, I think your doing something wrong as after 5 hours veg should be proper soft and well cooked, maybe get a new slow cooker or if it has a low/high setting try the high one ;)

If i do it on high, i would have to add the meat later, as it ends up over cooked and just drops to pieces.

I just want to be able to throw everything in like other folks do :cray:

I might try doing some veg later, on it's own and see what happens, how long etc :thumbs:

Brilliant things !! I've just finished eating a hare stew made in one !! Portion the hare, put it in the slow cooker with a bag of frozen "Country Mix" veggies, some gravy granules, switch it on before you go to bed, it'll be ready when you get up !! Definately NOT gormet food, but dead easy and tastes delicious !! It's also the only way I can cook leg of venison without it going tough!

Cheers.

Anybody use them?? just got one looking for a few recipes al the ones on the net seem to be American shit :bad:

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

Lol No mate when the local chink knows who you are just from the initial "hello" when you ring up you know you've got a problem!!!

Me and her are f*****g useless in the kitchen and lived on takeaways but these things are a piece of piss. So far we've had curry, stew, spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie and a few other bits and bobs, the only trouble we've had is that things have been a bit watery we're not sure how to thicken them up??

Edited by redcharge

Anybody use them?? just got one looking for a few recipes al the ones on the net seem to be American shit :bad:

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

Lol No mate when the local chink knows who you are just from the initial "hello" when you ring up you know you've got a problem!!!

Me and her are f*****g useless in the kitchen and lived on takeaways but these things are a piece of piss. So far we've had curry, stew, spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie and a few other bits and bobs, the only trouble we've had is that things have been a bit watery we're not sure how to thicken them up??

corn flower ---- drain some stock off add gravy granules and a few spoons of corn flower... Edited by the_stig

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

i thought you eat really healthy by looks of you lol

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

corn flower ---- drain some stock off add gravy granules and a few spoons of corn flower...

Thanks mate I'll give it a go

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

i thought you eat really healthy by looks of you lol

I just do alot of training mate

Thanks in advamce ;)

ur having a laugh now

mine answers the phone `hello paul` :laugh: