Photo

White patterdale ?????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#31 bunny tickler

bunny tickler

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

ken gould is a good pal of mine we had some good days & nights out but rags & smitty was THE dogs in them times both hard as nails in fact too hard me & toddy roberts had some great digs with great dogs in what i would call the heyday of terriers , too many great dogs to remember big rex off ken red rex son of big rex plus my own butch bred off rags & smitty met 14 foxes killed everyone never barked he wasnt even 15months old ,right............. let the slagging begin :thumbs:

#32 goldenlad

goldenlad

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

im new to all this terrier working lark so just reading some posts and was shocked at the mess some of the patterdales faces the people i know use them for rabbits and rats and none have faces torn up i take it you guys put them down after foxes or badgers etc to have muzzles like that i have a staffie x patterdale bitch and shes great on rat and rabbit she was a year old when i got her from an old lady and shes been a pet with us for 5 years till i took her out with a mate and his jack russel and she was like a duck to water

#33 slips

slips

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

ken gould is a good pal of mine we had some good days & nights out but rags & smitty was THE dogs in them times both hard as nails in fact too hard me & toddy roberts had some great digs with great dogs in what i would call the heyday of terriers , too many great dogs to remember big rex off ken red rex son of big rex plus my own butch bred off rags & smitty met 14 foxes killed everyone never barked he wasnt even 15months old ,right............. let the slagging begin http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

they was proper dogs back then no need for slagin matches

#34 reddawn

reddawn

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

im new to all this terrier working lark so just reading some posts and was shocked at the mess some of the patterdales faces the people i know use them for rabbits and rats and none have faces torn up i take it you guys put them down after foxes or badgers etc to have muzzles like that i have a staffie x patterdale bitch and shes great on rat and rabbit she was a year old when i got her from an old lady and shes been a pet with us for 5 years till i took her out with a mate and his jack russel and she was like a duck to water

your either very green or very dodgy :hmm:

#35 slips

slips

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

I think a couple of posts up proves he could of been right Slips, and if you read my post i ASKED if he was full of shit i never said i KNOW he is, i suspected he could of been fibbing but had the answer i was after off NBW. So the reason for me posting was to seek clarification on the matter. I do hope this is a suitable enough answer for you. P.S. Lions mate not loins, they are two totally different things, but then im sure you knew that anyway, ATB for 2012 dude http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

thanks for pointin out my spellin i must remember I before the O in lion av a good xmas and new year be lucky

#36 goldenlad

goldenlad

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

your either very green or very dodgy http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

i fly hawks and work ferrets this is all new to me so just trying to learn i've just read another post about the rules and laws so now i know what i can and cant do i just love watching animals work be it gun dogs or running dogs or ground dogs but my first love is and always will be falconry

#37 bunny tickler

bunny tickler

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

ken gould is a good pal of mine we had some good days & nights out but rags & smitty was THE dogs in them times both hard as nails in fact too hard me & toddy roberts had some great digs with great dogs in what i would call the heyday of terriers , too many great dogs to remember big rex off ken red rex son of big rex plus my own butch bred off rags & smitty met 14 foxes killed everyone never barked he wasnt even 15months old ,right............. let the slagging begin http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

they was proper dogs back then no need for slagin matches
sorry pal itsjust that anytime something sensible is said about proper dogs on here everyone has a dig at them im paranoid now lol

#38 Tel1

Tel1

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

if i remember correctly garry middleton bred some white lakeys a good few years ago

just a few --look up a dog called flint that ken gould had ..

i would of thought being such an expert on gould dogs you would have known that GM did not breed flint.

#39 bunny tickler

bunny tickler

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

if you are refering to me i never said ken gould bred flint or gary middleton .i said gary bred some white lakeys

Edited by bunny tickler, 23 December 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#40 Tel1

Tel1

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

if you are refering to me i never said ken gould bred flint or gary middleton .i said gary bred some white lakeys

not you mate the stig

#41 bunny tickler

bunny tickler

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

i remember flint was bred at the holme valley beagles by frank stacy it may be a different flint .frank was a great pal of kens his terriers had a blue coloured coat good hard digging dogs but large .they was good workers & bonnie dogs ,we had limited success with them ,when they could get, job was done he bred a good line of terriers

#42 Tel1

Tel1

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

i remember flint was bred at the holme valley beagles by frank stacy it may be a different flint .frank was a great pal of kens his terriers had a blue coloured coat good hard digging dogs but large .they was good workers & bonnie dogs ,we had limited success with them ,when they could get, job was done he bred a good line of terriers

this is a different flint were talking about mate, we are talking about a white dog bred by the late KJ

#43 reddawn

reddawn

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

your either very green or very dodgy http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

i fly hawks and work ferrets this is all new to me so just trying to learn i've just read another post about the rules and laws so now i know what i can and cant do i just love watching animals work be it gun dogs or running dogs or ground dogs but my first love is and always will be falconry

:thumbs:

#44 bunny tickler

bunny tickler

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

no probs [BANNED TEXT]

#45 sheaba

sheaba

Born Hunter

• Donator