Sign in to follow this  
burben

peregrine semen.

ive just aquired a imprint pere/saker and i would like to try and A.I her,so i would like a semen donor and a little bit of advice.

ive just aquired a imprint pere/saker and i would like to try and A.I her,so i would like a semen donor and a little bit of advice.

You might be lucky and have a fertile bird mate but most of the Pere/Saker females are virtual mules, the males are fertile but a vast majority of the outcrossed females tend to be mules. not all are so it could be a case of give it a try :thumbs:...

I had a Tiercel Peregrine in with a Pere/prairie in the mid 90's, they did everything from scrapeing and copulateing but no eggs, the female even sat a empty nest full term :blink:, this went on for a couple of seasons before I moved him onto a straight Peregrine.....

I have plenty of semen from some genuine quailty stock peregrines, I could sort you some out but it will be 50/50 weather you get anything....

You might be lucky and have a fertile bird mate but most of the Pere/Saker females are virtual mules, the males are fertile but a vast majority of the outcrossed females tend to be mules. not all are so it could be a case of give it a try :thumbs:...

I had a Tiercel Peregrine in with a Pere/prairie in the mid 90's, they did everything from scrapeing and copulateing but no eggs, the female even sat a empty nest full term :blink:, this went on for a couple of seasons before I moved him onto a straight Peregrine.....

I have plenty of semen from some genuine quailty stock peregrines, I could sort you some out but it will be 50/50 weather you get anything....

that would be great what sort of money are you asking for a tube of semen and were are you from??? the owner that had her before me said she layed last year but the eggs was infertile but to be honest im glad i got her off him he stuck of booze!!! its the first imprint we have ever had we have always had P/R birds so we thought we would try an imprint out and see how it goes. at the moment we have a breading pair of harris hawks and a pair of white gyr/sakers

Sign in to follow this