2 replies to this topic

#1 burben

burben

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:54 pm

ive just aquired a imprint pere/saker and i would like to try and A.I her,so i would like a semen donor and a little bit of advice.

#2 jasper65

jasper65

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:24 pm

ive just aquired a imprint pere/saker and i would like to try and A.I her,so i would like a semen donor and a little bit of advice.

You might be lucky and have a fertile bird mate but most of the Pere/Saker females are virtual mules, the males are fertile but a vast majority of the outcrossed females tend to be mules. not all are so it could be a case of give it a try :thumbs:...

I had a Tiercel Peregrine in with a Pere/prairie in the mid 90's, they did everything from scrapeing and copulateing but no eggs, the female even sat a empty nest full term :blink:, this went on for a couple of seasons before I moved him onto a straight Peregrine.....

I have plenty of semen from some genuine quailty stock peregrines, I could sort you some out but it will be 50/50 weather you get anything....

#3 burben

burben

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:51 pm

You might be lucky and have a fertile bird mate but most of the Pere/Saker females are virtual mules, the males are fertile but a vast majority of the outcrossed females tend to be mules. not all are so it could be a case of give it a try http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub......

I had a Tiercel Peregrine in with a Pere/prairie in the mid 90's, they did everything from scrapeing and copulateing but no eggs, the female even sat a empty nest full term http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub..., this went on for a couple of seasons before I moved him onto a straight Peregrine.....

I have plenty of semen from some genuine quailty stock peregrines, I could sort you some out but it will be 50/50 weather you get anything....
that would be great what sort of money are you asking for a tube of semen and were are you from??? the owner that had her before me said she layed last year but the eggs was infertile but to be honest im glad i got her off him he stuck of booze!!! its the first imprint we have ever had we have always had P/R birds so we thought we would try an imprint out and see how it goes. at the moment we have a breading pair of harris hawks and a pair of white gyr/sakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users