Bad Weather..

milo

With the current weather being Gale force winds torrential rain hail stones and now snow,i try and take advantage of every break in the weather i possibly can to get rico out,ive managed to fly him 3 days this week monday i hunted him and on tues and today i just exersised him for about 2-3 hrs on both days,monday we had a very near miss on a CHICKEN ! thankfully tues and today just the usuall chasing after the odd tree rat..heres a picpost-2322-0-46119700-1323861485_thumb.jpg from today :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting...But lets try and keep this thred clean and tidy and not start yet another row ITS CHRISTMAS after all

With the current weather being Gale force winds torrential rain hail stones and now snow,i try and take advantage of every break in the weather i possibly can to get rico out,ive managed to fly him 3

Been off since last weds for Christmas and as soon as I got home the weather has been constantly Crap. Still I have had my 2011 little fela out in the wind, first in the shelterd area then out in the

Posted Images

With the current weather being Gale force winds torrential rain hail stones and now snow,i try and take advantage of every break in the weather i possibly can to get rico out,ive managed to fly him 3 days this week monday i hunted him and on tues and today i just exersised him for about 2-3 hrs on both days,monday we had a very near miss on a CHICKEN ! thankfully tues and today just the usuall chasing after the odd tree rat..heres a picpost-2322-0-46119700-1323861485_thumb.jpg from today :thumbs:

Tell me about it Milo, a few of us went out last sunday and it was blowing a hooly! certainly not the best time to get out but the day was arranged so off we went.

Must say the Harris's that belong to the lads I was out with performed well in the wind and tacked onto it perfect. my other problem in this area is lack of quarry which is gutting when the birds needs to be killing regular.....

I've been out nearly everyday so far there's always somewhere i can go even if its down the woods but then my fhh i hunt from the follow on so its not so bad for her the wind don't seem to bother the really fit hawks, i took a lad out last week and could tell instantly his hawk wasn't fit it got blown all over the place when mine handled the wing like a pro even 40-50mph i even had a great tail chase on a cock pheasant witch she took in the air after a 150yard+ chase

Well with the forcast being very bad for this weekend i decided to get out this morning,had a good chase on a cock phessie but we were beat again into a thick old wood,i didnt see any bunnies about prob too damm wet never mind had an hour out :thumbs:

post-2322-0-49219600-1323950457_thumb.jpg

I would not be disheartened on him missing the pheasant mate..im yet to see a harris catch one in fair flight..the one's i have seen naid have been mugged on the ground.. :thumbs: ..that picture is a belter by the way. :laugh:

Yeh i know i prob could easily mug the phessies on all my ground but im just busting to get him to connect to one in flight :yes: ...I get a massive buzz when hes chasing them he does try hard and he had a tallon of feathers the other day thats how unlucky hes been, looking at the picture "he dont look to happy does he lol" :D

Just wish this weather would ease up i can get out on the bunnies then,im sure hes more than fit for them has ive been out almost everyday with him getting him fit chasing phessies,chickens and tree rats :laugh:

The weather was good here today.. so ive been out for a couple of hour's marching round the field's trying to flush partridge..i managed a close slip on a cock pheasant which he tail chased for around 500yrd's but it beat him to cover with a 30yrd lead...2nd slip was a covey of partridge which he flew with intent over about the same distance..i lost sight of the hawk and when i finaly found him in the next field over a hedge he was plucking something...i thought fooking jackpot.. :boogy: ...but when i got closer it was not a partridge it was a bone dry rotted rabbit.. :cray::laugh: ..

Been off since last weds for Christmas and as soon as I got home the weather has been constantly

Crap. Still I have had my 2011 little fela out in the wind, first in the shelterd area then out in the wind he love feather and has been going like a rocket with the wind and he is getting fit flying against it when coming back. Telemetry is a must in these condition so remember to check them batteries.

Out on a field meet on satarday weather permitting. Rabbits did not want to bolt last weekend so hoping for a bit more sport this weekend.

Safe hawking and watch the weather

All the best

Lee

• Like 1