ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL MORNING

On the ground at 5.50 am this morning , saw 2 does in field where I parked my car. Continued further on and spied a fox trotting straight towards me down a tractor track , I quickly lay down and let it come to me , shot it on the trot stright under its chin :D

2ndbuck07002Small.jpg

I spied another doe browsing on a hedge in next field , proceeding further on down some set aside I spied another doe , this time helping itself on a pheasant feeder , Where are the bucks I thought ?

It was now nearly 8 am and I had one spot left to try , as I stalked along a thick banking another doe took flight , I thought it wasnt to be my day. I carefully stalked along the top of a bank which sloped down to the river , I glassed yet another doe but then spotted a buck trotting towards me along the bank , I let him come to about 50 yards and dropped him with a neck shot. Lucky no 7 , I had seen 6 does before eventually finding a buck :D

2ndbuck07004Small.jpg

Another good mornings stroll ........... :yes:

2ndbuck07006Small.jpg

Good shooting. Hopefully with the several foxes you've shot recenty a nursing vixen or two will be amongst them! :no:

In my book foxes are shot whenever I get the opportunity , its about fox control not sport :yes:

These foxes were shot on a small pheasant shoot where the shoot captain was very pleased , every nesting hen pheasant or partridge saved is a real bonus to them.

well done mate :clapper: there is always someone who dont understand the words VERMIN CONTROL..no problems with those who do it just for sport either.. will be posting a thread in the terriers section shortly.. cant wait for all the "snide comments" to come rolling in because as a keeper i agree 100% with your shoot captain.....

I didn't relise you was on wid vermen control foxhunter, and I didn't reliase there was a diference between vermen control and doing it for sport. Hopefully I'll lern a bit more as I get in to it. No affence meant and well done again. :clapper:

Keep huntin', keep dockin', keep shootin'. :victory:

Edited by cragman
I didn't relise you was on wid vermen control foxhunter, and I didn't reliase there was a diference between vermen control and doing it for sport. Hopefully I'll lern a bit more as I get in to it. No affence meant and well done again. :clapper:

Keep huntin', keep dockin', keep shootin'. :victory:

fair play mate ;):victory: