Collie/Greyhound Puppies

Hello, we bred this litter to keep a pup ourselves. Our greyhound is now 7 and this is only her second litter. She is from coursing lines and has worked here and in Ireland. We used a border collie belonging to a friend of ours, who has been predominantly sheep trials. We have had Border Collies( my husband being an ex-shepherd) and Greyhounds, which we have rescued. My husband has a beautiful Hancock Lurcher, and we would look to starting our own line with his lurcher and a pup from this litter in 2-3 years.

Yes, the name of this site did give me clues! I wanted to make sure the pups went to homes where the 'lurcher temperament' is understood, and I apologise for the use of the word 'pet', but although all of our dogs over the years (we're in our late 40's) have been tremendous workers, we have had them living as part of the family, and always will do. Perhaps I should'nt use the word pet on this site?

With regard to £200 asking price. I also put that any sensible offers would be welcomed, I would not expect anyone to pay money for a pup that they felt was not worth that. We will not even consider breeding again unless we have people wanting pups first.

I hope that I've explained things. I am new to this site and I do not wish to start off on the wrong foot!

Thank you, Sally.

Thats fair enough but if you're breeding this litter to keep a pup to breed to the hancock pup couldn't you have achieved all this by just buying another pup off hancock rather than breeding a litter.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the best with finding good homes for you pups, your working/pet dogs have probably seen more work than a lot of the so called workers on here. atb nasher

ill ask you if it helped in 6 months, diffrence between this place an the local boozers is, you sometimes get sober sane folk in pubs

Being of female gender, I don't think I've got the right equipment to be a "tosser"! Unless you're genuinely interested in giving one of my pups a decent home for a fair price, I see no point in wasti

Sorry about that everyone, just could'nt let that one go!

Anyway onto more serious stuff - Johnnyboy68 is right - I guess to me they are pets. But, I love seeing my greyhound run, it's always worth hauling myself out of bed on a cold and frosty morning to watch her ears prick up just before she takes off after a rabbit! But perhaps £200 is too much to ask? I just want them to go to good homes where they can be part of a family, forgiven for their thieving ways, and have the chance to do what they love the best! So if anybody wants a pup, and is prepared to make an offer they feel is honest and fair, then please get in touch. At least I'll know their ways will be understood by you guy's!

Once again Johnnyboy you're absolutely right. We should have done just that and not bred a litter, but, unfortunately I don't get to make the sole decisions in this house! And my husband was keen to breed 50/50 collie greyhound's. We absolutely will not consider breeding again unless we have guaranteed the pups homes first.

Yes, she is also called Sally. And as I'm sure your're aware that her father is David. I think you may need to move your "location", I don't think Susan boyle has used tampons in a long time.

I dont get that lol?????

Being of female gender, I don't think I've got the right equipment to be a "tosser"! Unless you're genuinely interested in giving one of my pups a decent home for a fair price, I see no point in wasting time insulting me!

• Like 5

Yes, she is also called Sally. And as I'm sure your're aware that her father is David. I think you may need to move your "location", I don't think Susan boyle has used tampons in a long time.

I dont get that lol?????

work it out dip shit

Thanks Simoman.

I think this site is so interesting, I've still got my "L plates" on, this is the first forum I've ever been on. It covers so many subjects I love it!

you surethis is your 1st time :hmm: you seem a natural :laugh:

Hello Megahunter, definitely my first time, but loving every minute. I used to be a barmaid in a very busy pub some years ago, perhaps that helps?!

ill ask you if it helped in 6 months, diffrence between this place an the local boozers is, you sometimes get sober sane folk in pubs :laugh::victory:

Edited by reddawn
  • Like 6