gamekeeping topic

Guest little_lloyd

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some are, a some have forgot were the came from , lived through the miners strike and poached to help freinds and well for the crack , no a lot of game keepers but not much in common with the local ones all guns and hardly any dog work .most gameis are legal poachers , and blame the poachers when the roe are scarce or not much fish up the river , come sweat or cauld growing up getting auld and dying lay your nets and gear we are falling , following the bonnie shoals of sea troot, all the best

I think there should be a section for the topic of poaching swoon2.gif

:laugh:

:whistle: now that would be good..... :yes:

not so good if all the stories can relate to incidents etc but well if the cap fits wear it i do ,were i stay your a dog man lurchers ferrets or spaniel and shooting man they havent bridged the gap never wil;l we have lairds and those that think they are lairds , so we poachers bring them back to earth ahah

I was thinking a mix of caladonian kale,maize and either quinoa or mustard,the farmer was on about drilling wheat under sown with grass seed then drilling the game crop over that,i thought there might be probs with the wheat/grass smothering the game crop,do you think?

i use calidonian kale and quinoa mixed with trita (sp) kale. drilled in strips... iv found it holds both birds well, would have maize but too cold and windy up here.. dos grow but collapses pritty quick... just my pennys worth. ;) and yep a keepering section would be a cracking idea, get too it ian and co :victory:

what sort of precautions do you take to guard against poachers, i imagine they would be very difficult to deter? :hmm:

That would be telling :D

Gamekeepers are just Poachers on the other side of the hedge remember . . .

OTC

it was worth a try :laugh::laugh:

RIGHT LADS ,

SINCE THERE WILL BE A GAMEKEEPING FORUM .......... IVE GOT AN IDEA FOR A SUB - SECTION .......

HOW ABOUT ......... NAME OF THE ESTATES YOU WORK , PUBS YER DRINK IN ..... WHAT NIGHTS AND TIME USUALLY BACK :D

DUCKWING :whistle:

RIGHT LADS ,

SINCE THERE WILL BE A GAMEKEEPING FORUM .......... IVE GOT AN IDEA FOR A SUB - SECTION .......

HOW ABOUT ......... NAME OF THE ESTATES YOU WORK , PUBS YER DRINK IN ..... WHAT NIGHTS AND TIME USUALLY BACK :D

:yes::laugh::laugh:

RIGHT LADS ,

:whistle: sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :laugh:

RIGHT LADS ,

We could add to that our lunch breaks and perhaps a timetable of work for the week ahead so you will all know which coverts we are working in, our Land Rover reg numbers, and let you know if we are feeling a bit under the weather and won't be out on the ground at all . . . :ok: :rofl::rofl:

OTC