Lincolnshire Wildfowlers, help needed.

Hi,

Been up on the Butterwick Marsh a few times and not had much luck, which i am not surprised about really.

Anyway, when I seem to find a flightline, I get there and then the flightline changes.

Would anyone have some time to show me the ropes. It's a long drive just to sit in a muddy creek.

Cheers

Rich.

What club are you in mate?

If you are in SLWC then I dont mind you coming with me but I am far from being an expert as its only my second season it would probably be like the blind leading the blind but it would be a laugh. I am hoping to get out next Monday on Shepp whites if I can get rid of this blinkin cough and sore chest.

Send me a pm if you are interested, at least we can have a chat.

I look at it this way if I want to know where they are coming from then I go to a clay shoot but I enjoy wildfowling even if I dont shoot owt, I dont take it too serious.

Regards

Hcc

HI richie , we have spoke through pm, if you are shooting any of north shore ie butterwick , wrangle, Bennighton , them xot really need a good tide just on dark or at first light .

IF your looking to learn about wildfowling on the marshes then I would say through the summer months come down and walk around get to know your tides come at different times to see the tides and what hight they make and remember any wind with a northly in it will make the tides run higher than normal .

I am at work at the moment but will get Intouch with you

Anything to get me onto the birds, would like to get out there this season with someone so I can then see whether i see it as something I want to continue to do.

Due to the distance it's no longer a cheap day out with the cost of petrol/diesel.

yep no worries , i will get you out there this season ,it's a busy time of the year for me now with my job .it would perhaps be a weekend ....

if you want to know anything about south linc's marshes just pm me , i will gladly help if i can ... :thumbs:

"THL, draws numpties like flies on a turd, if ignorance were an olympic sport we would have the best champions in the world........"

:laugh: :laugh:

edited to say I think he has webbed feet the way he trot across the marsh :victory:

Edited by harrycatcat
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone out the next few days that wouldn't mind me tagging along?

Cheers.

Dependant on family stuff I might be going to shepp whites this Saturday you are welcome if you want to. Let me know if you can and I will let you know if I can.

Regards

Hcc

Hi,

Anyone out the next few days that wouldn't mind me tagging along?

Cheers.

Dependant on family stuff I might be going to shepp whites this Saturday you are welcome if you want to. Let me know if you can and I will let you know if I can.

Regards

Hcc

Sorry mate Saturday trip off, I have just been told about lunch time meal out on Saturday, I will let you know about next time.