whats the best air rifle for under 300?

i owned the hw 99s. brilliant little rifle. i found mine to be as accurate as any springer ive used before or after. and i never had a problem with it. if i was looking at another springer, on a budget, i would deffo have another one. no frills but does exactly what it says on the tin. :thumbs:

the hw77's are a very accurate rifle, i have owned the hw97 which is the newer model but equally the same in terms of accuracy & quality.

the rifles that i have mentioned are top end stuff that will give you the best reliable shooting for the long term.

you can get cheaper rifles that will do the trick just the same - but dont go out and buy one of these £100 turkish crap!

IMO buy the best you can afford ( even if it means saving up ) and you will save money in the long run.

atb

scott

Second hand hw80 for me mate, I preferred to all the above, but only because it suited me better. Best break barrel on the planet, full stop. Only reason I haven't got it now is cos the pro sport inches past it in every way bar the price.

You won't go far wrong with any weirauch or air arms springer though.

Cheers,Wurz

Iv been quite put off on break barrel rifles because of the accuracy of my supersport. One hour it will be great another shocking and can't hit a barn door I should really take a picture of the groups I get about 30 yards. So yeah I do fancy an under lever or small pcp which I have been offered at a good price for a setup on here but am still under sure

Lewis

Hi lewis

I am sorry to say,you cant be shooting it right!!

if you are not happy with your grouping,try to hold it in the same position every time you shoot it,squeeze/caress the trigger,and don't let go till you see the pellets point of impact!

check out pianomans post it will help you no end!

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/182473-spring-air-rifle-shooting/

the pro sport is a very good spring rifle in the right hands and with plenty of practise,learn to shoot a spring rifle properly first!

before you get dis heartened,they will frustrate the fook out of you ,but that part of the learning curve!

hope this helps?

regards

Davy

• Like 1

hi lewis if its a under leaver you want go for the hw97k or hw97kt or the hw 77 you cant go wrong i own the hw97kt syn but you can pick up a hw 97k for under the £300 MARK IF YOU LOOK AROUND MATE but be warned they are a heavy gun but one of the best mate hope you get what you want eny way and good luck atb.mac