• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stick it in the slow cooker with a can of cider fekin lovely.   tbh, if yer not going to eat it,,you shouldn`t kill it,, leave well alone, killing them for fuckall is a twats game

Some of the best game available, if cooked correctly !   Cheers.

brown the jointed meat off in a pan after dusting with some seasoned flour soften a whole onion or 2 a crushed clove of garlic add the meat onion mix 2 a oven dish along with 2 tins baxters royal

stick it in the slow cooker with a can of cider fekin lovely.

tbh, if yer not going to eat it,,you shouldn`t kill it,, leave well alone, killing them for fuckall is a twats game

ive had the chance to kill loads..... and its not untill recently i shot one for the pot ...

some of the dog men i no .. said it wasnt very sporting.... but like i said it was for the pot and a 1 off time

as for cooking it i went on google and typed in jugged hare and followed a 500 year old recipe

it was bloody lovey . but saying that i much prefer seeing them in the wild

I always cut of the back and back legs for myself and boil the shoulders for the dogs.I always look forward to eating them ,roasted.Gut ,skin and joint the hares as soon as possible leave the meat in the frige for 3/4 days to hang then season with salt an pepper and roast in the oven.I think they tast similar to beef.I have eaten hares since I was a child when my mother used to stew them.I honestly cant understand why some people dont like the tase of them.

just wondering have any of u on here ever eatin hare ive never and just curious to no wat its like is it like rabbit deer pheasant pigion duck or wat tanx

i have hare pie all the time my woman is well known for makeing the best on round here the boys even drop em of somtimes and ask her to do one for them its th best eating you can get .

Iv only ever eaten one mate and i slow cooked it. Dont know why but it was tough as f**k! Im sure the sole of my wellies would of been more tender! Lol! Any i get these days go to the ferrets. I might try it again one day if i can get a young one and find a decent recipe but wele see.

Give them to the dogs?!?!?! FFS

Hugged hare is excellent mate but hare must be hung IMO to get the best out of it.

yes your right westy hares should be hung for as long as poss for the emzines to break down in the meat :thumbs: like pheseant should be hung for 7days the meat when cooked goes white like chicken. same as beef hung for 35 days thats takes some beating not like super maket beef gets 35 mins to hung maybe thats why dogs bury meat

Hugged hare is excellent mate but hare must be

hung IMO to get the best out of it.

yes your right westy hares should be hung for as long as poss for the emzines to break down in the meat :thumbs: like pheseant should be hung for 7days the meat when cooked goes white like chicken. same as beef hung for 35 days thats takes some beating not like super

maket beef gets 35 mins to hung maybe thats why dogs bury meat

Very true mate,they used to be treated with religious awe when they came through the back door of the kitchens when I was chefing full time.

i eat the saddle and back legs, the rib cage i give to the dogs, i take the meat from the bone, place into a casserole dish with carrots, onion, oxo with 1pt of boiling water, pepper and put into an oven at 160 and cook for 2 1/2hrs, any left over juices get mixed into the dogs food, the head goes to the ferrets.

Iv only ever eaten one mate and i slow cooked it. Dont know why but it was tough as f**k! Im sure the sole of my wellies would of been more tender! Lol! Any i get these days go to the ferrets. I might try it again one day if i can get a young one and find a decent recipe but wele see.

could of been an old animal, the old ones get very tough.

this recipe is really good and takes away the gameyness and freshens it up a bit! i like jugged hare, royal hare stews good too, but if your not fond of the rich gameyness try this one its great! although it says for hard times but uses saffron! not cheap!

http://honest-food.net/2010/02/11/hare-stew-hard-times/

we get a lot, shot n retrieved obviously, mainly retrieved by my mates saluki whippet collie thing, and they taste good and feed a lot of people. there is an awful lot round his way, and the farmers aint too keen on em so want them gone.

Hugged hare is excellent mate but hare must be hung IMO to get the best out of it.

yes your right westy hares should be hung for as long as poss for the emzines to break down in the meat thumbs.gif like pheseant should be hung for 7days the meat when cooked goes white like chicken. same as beef hung for 35 days thats takes some beating not like super maket beef gets 35 mins to hung maybe thats why dogs bury meat

no mate dogs bury meat for other reasons lol