Best scope for a .22 rimfire

ALL scopes and reticles get very personal, but its a .22lr, it has no kick and the range is hardly mind boggling.

Hawke, NS, etc are perfectly adequate as long as you can see the quarry clearly.

Spend more if you want to but be realistic, it isn't a 500yard tool with a shoulder breaking kick!

the thing is, most 22lrs are used mainlyfor rabbit control, the quality of the glass certainly makes a big difference for dusk/dawn shooting, even on the lamp, if it's fitted with a dimmer, the better end scopes can pick up the quarry far better.

Not knocking the likes of hawke, i had one for years on mine, but after changing over to a redfield and then a leup i haven't looked back.

Thinking of a Hawke Endurance 3-10x44 or a Night Eye 3-9x40 ! What do you think lads ?

no better than the cheapest of them mate, how much are they?

i have a 3-12x50 endurance and it wasn't any better optically than my old 50 quid 3-9x50.

• 2 weeks later...

Bushnell legend 5-15x40.

Its great in low light and has a thick enough milldot reticle that stand out well at night.

I've been using one on my rimmy for almost a year and shots loads of rabbits and crows with great effect to about 60 yards day and night.

CW

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a few more quid to spend I would recomend the Redfield range, they are basically the 'budget' Leupold I have got the 3-9x50 on my .22 and I am well pleased with it I got a good deal on it and paid about £200.

Looks like I had a bargain then because my Ruger 22/10 came with a Redfield 3-9x50 plus a Parker Hale mod, sling and slip and I only paid £250.00 for the lot from a dealer! :D :D

Got a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50 on my Sako P94S and love it. The light gathering is fantastic at dusk/dawn. Not the cheapest, but not bank breaking money either. I'd recommend it all day long

PMC

Hawke. Great value scopes and ideal for the rimmy

i have the hawke panorama on my .22lr and very pleased with it. good light transmition, with nv add on, or lamp, 4-12x50 10 half mill dot bellow centre rectical accounting for subs droping out ot 200 yards on 10 mills down, only 500grams, cheaps as chips, only drawback is the lack of side parrelex focus. also has illuminated rectical which is usful at times. other hawk model do not have very good light transmition.

Thinking of a Hawke Endurance 3-10x44 or a Night Eye 3-9x40 ! What do you think lads ?

i did not like the night eye sending it back this week.

The Night Eye has been around for years in various guises and is a mainstay for Deben, it is a budget scope that offers a lot for the money, what is it you don't like?

i did not like the night eye sending it back this week.

The Night Eye has been around for years in various guises and is a mainstay for Deben, it is a budget scope that offers a lot for the money, what is it you don't like?

as you said it has a lot for the money which is why i ordered one after being very happy with the CHEAPER panorama. i though yes i need a side parrelx which is the only down side to the panorama. but the main reason why i disliked the night eye i order is due to very poor light transmition when used with my nv and laser. strangly enough i found the panorama to be very good with the nv and laser gen 1 with an 80mw laser and i can see out to 180 yards! but with the night eye it is very poor with my setup.

i am strongly considering asking for an exchange to another panorama even though the seller has kindly offer refund or exchange.

but as you said the night eye is great for the money with many features.