Best scope for a .22 rimfire

i got a nikko stirling 3-9x50 on mine and it does the job admirably, i think it was about 80 quid, you don't need an expensive scope on a rimfire as there is no recoil to kill it. Also had Hawke on air rifles (pcp) and they performed well too. Go for a reputable budget one rather than the cheapest of the cheap.

Hi

I use a hawke on the rimfire cost about £80

They are adequate,a friend has a Whitetail classic 3-9-40 and that didn't cost too much and it's very clear,

whitetail classic`s are a good scope as you say, but now bushnell have taken over the distribution ive herd tales there after sales service is shocking. that said ive got whitetail classic`s on both my rimmy and fac rapid. :thumbs:

If you have a few more quid to spend I would recomend the Redfield range, they are basically the 'budget' Leupold I have got the 3-9x50 on my .22 and I am well pleased with it I got a good deal on it and paid about £200.

If you fancy a Whitetail Classic I was looking at one recentley for my 17HMR (I have a 3-9x50 on it at the moment but want a bit more mag) then Midway has the 6.5-20x50 for £137.86 which is almost half the price my local gunshops sells them for.

Hope that helps.

Jonno

If you have a few more quid to spend I would recomend the Redfield range, they are basically the 'budget' Leupold I have got the 3-9x50 on my .22 and I am well pleased with it I got a good deal on it and paid about £200.

If you fancy a Whitetail Classic I was looking at one recentley for my 17HMR (I have a 3-9x50 on it at the moment but want a bit more mag) then Midway has the 6.5-20x50 for £137.86 which is almost half the price my local gunshops sells them for.

Hope that helps.

Jonno

ive got a tasco varmint 6 to 24 x 42 spare if you interested

Tasco are crap, unless you can find an old Japanese one.

Nikko are rubbish as well, unles you buy the very top end diamond stuff.

Never liked simmons,, very yellow image,

No experience of redfield, but leupold are superb

Secondhand Meopta and Leupold might be worth hunting down,

Other than that,, go Hawke.

I has, Hawke, nite eye, and a couple of sr6 sr12 scopes, but tbh, the nite eye is great on the rimmy.

Tasco are crap, unless you can find an old Japanese one.

Nikko are rubbish as well, unles you buy the very top end diamond stuff.

Never liked simmons,, very yellow image,

No experience of redfield, but leupold are superb

Secondhand Meopta and Leupold might be worth hunting down,

Other than that,, go Hawke.

I has, Hawke, nite eye, and a couple of sr6 sr12 scopes, but tbh, the nite eye is great on the rimmy.

its a good job its an old japanese one then :laugh:
  • Like 1

If it`s an old jap one,, NO WAY would I be selling it as they a seriously good, But it must have made in Japan written on it,, Not many Varmints did.

If it has a Deben sticker on it, its not Jap.

If it is Jap they are great and are worth a reasonable amount, not silly money , but a good bit more that other budget scopes.

If it`s an old jap one,, NO WAY would I be selling it as they a seriously good, But it must have made in Japan written on it,, Not many Varmints did.

If it has a Deben sticker on it, its not Jap.

If it is Jap they are great and are worth a reasonable amount, not silly money , but a good bit more that other budget scopes.

its no deben ive had it a long time its the mag lv, its just the paralax adjustment that does my head in with it as it actually does work and you have to use it, unlike most cheap scopes thats out there now

Hope that helps.

Jonno

+1 for redfield, i heard a rumour they were basically a revamped vx1, with better turrets, if you're looking for a good quality but cheap hawke, i have a mint 8x56 30ir sat in the spare room doing nothing, cost me 140 new, i put it on one of my rimmies, then i bought a redfield after seeing one, send me a pm if you're interested