Note to mods .

Why do we have to put up with personal vendetas on the forum .If you want articles and topics related to the subforums then have a word as i for one cant be assed with it .Those that post derogatory notes and seek to belittle should be deleted for good .Playground shit dosnt belong here neither do the messers that write it .

• Like 3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do we have to put up with personal vendetas on the forum .If you want articles and topics related to the subforums then have a word as i for one cant be assed with it .Those that post derogatory

If you want specifics then it's easy every one is sick to death of you and capreolus bitching on at wireviz about some bloody highseat that non of us give a toss about.   that specific enough?

Gents, why dont we try and help the mods clean up the dregs off here then?, they cant spot every arsehole or arshole post that gets put up, so we should all try and help them clean up our site by hitt

Why do we have to put up with personal vendetas on the forum .If you want articles and topics related to the subforums then have a word as i for one cant be assed with it .Those that post derogatory notes and seek to belittle should be deleted for good .Playground shit dosnt belong here neither do the messers that write it .

well said that man

:clapper:

well said that man :clapper:

Edited by pipcock

Gents, why dont we try and help the mods clean up the dregs off here then?, they cant spot every arsehole or arshole post that gets put up, so we should all try and help them clean up our site by hitting the report button on the page, this will bring it to the attention of the mods who can in turn, sort it / them out.

Its not foolproof i know, but it's a step in the right direction i think. This is our site, lets try and clean it up a bit. Just my opinion, for what its worth.

Regards

B

• Like 2

Gents, why dont we try and help the mods clean up the dregs off here then?, they cant spot every arsehole or arshole post that gets put up, so we should all try and help them clean up our site by hitting the report button on the page, this will bring it to the attention of the mods who can in turn, sort it / them out.

Its not foolproof i know, but it's a step in the right direction i think. This is our site, lets try and clean it up a bit. Just my opinion, for what its worth.

Regards

B

A grand idea but.................

Can you be more specific. Defining dregs, arseholes, and arsehole posts would be a good place to start. Bearing mine what's one man's salt is another mans poison.

One forum I belong to has a blanket ban on all swearing and anything that tries to work around the ban also gets blocked . It causes mild amusement but it makes for pleasant reading once you understand that open forums are not just read by adults, or by those that support country sports. Our image is bad enough with a large proportion of the voting public without adding to the burden by making ourself appear like a bunch of ragged arsed stokers out on the beer whilst in port.

Regards

B

Can you be more specific. Defining dregs, arseholes, and arsehole posts would be a good place to start. Bearing mine what's one man's salt is another mans poison.

One forum I belong to has a blanket ban on all swearing and anything that tries to work around the ban also gets blocked . It causes mild amusement but it makes for pleasant reading once you understand that open forums are not just read by adults, or by those that support country sports. Our image is bad enough with a large proportion of the voting public without adding to the burden by making ourself appear like a bunch of ragged arsed stokers out on the beer whilst in port.

If you want specifics then it's easy every one is sick to death of you and capreolus bitching on at wireviz about some bloody highseat that non of us give a toss about.

that specific enough?

• Like 3

Regards

B

If you want specifics then it's easy every one is sick to death of you and capreolus bitching on at wireviz about some bloody highseat that non of us give a toss about.

that specific enough?

:laugh: anychance of being an incy wincy bit more specific :laugh: :laugh:

Regards

B

No I cant be more specific mate, as you say one mans salt.... etc, but common sense has to prefail ( although common sense isn't that common any more). If someone reply's with no constructive comment, or suggestion, and is just out to be negative, spoil the thread and cause an argument and or slagging someone off, then if they really do feel the need to, take it to Pm and discuss the matter with someone on a more personnal level, we dont all want to be privvy to some of the verbal diarhoea that some members continually spout, so no you cant reall be more specific, just the application of common sense, good manners and common courtesy is all thats called for, as you say, theres children and all sorts who read these threads posts, lets try and show the next generation that the present one has some of the above qualities, a lot to ask or expect, possibly, but if we dont start somewhere it'll all go tits up and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves. I hope thats my point put accross constructively.

B

that specific enough?

No not really!

Bearing mine what's one man's salt is another mans poison. Whilst you and some others might not give a toss about Sherriffs highseat and the circumstances behind its disappearance and the effort he had to go through in order to get the court to order its return. I know that there are many that are. Why they choose not to post on the topic and offer their positive views unlike some is a matter of conjecture.

Regards

B

Bearing mine what's one man's salt is another mans poison.

True, but lets be honest your posts are as popular as a hog roast at a bat mitzvah........

that specific enough?

No not really!

Bearing mine what's one man's salt is another mans poison. Whilst you and some others might not give a toss about Sherriffs highseat and the circumstances behind its disappearance and the effort he had to go through in order to get the court to order its return. I know that there are many that are. Why they choose not to post on the topic and offer their positive views unlike some is a matter of conjecture.

But does this have to run into every topic that wireviz may dare to post on there is a thread re the highseat incident could you not just slag him on there rather than ruin more threads?

• Like 1

No I cant be more specific mate, as you say one mans salt.... etc, but common sense has to prefail ( although common sense isn't that common any more). If someone reply's with no constructive comment, or suggestion, and is just out to be negative, spoil the thread and cause an argument and or slagging someone off, then if they really do feel the need to, take it to Pm and discuss the matter with someone on a more personnal level, we dont all want to be privvy to some of the verbal diarhoea that some members continually spout, so no you cant reall be more specific, just the application of common sense, good manners and common courtesy is all thats called for, as you say, theres children and all sorts who read these threads posts, lets try and show the next generation that the present one has some of the above qualities, a lot to ask or expect, possibly, but if we dont start somewhere it'll all go tits up and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves. I hope thats my point put accross constructively.

I'm all for common sense, good manners and common courtesy. I believe that I have maintained those prerequisites in all of my posts. I can't say that for everyone.

I suppose its a question of how low do you set the bar. That bar can only be determined by the sites admin and the mods. As ultimately it is they who are legally responsible for the site content, and it is they who have control of the site management software.

Perhaps a definite upward movement in the standards bar across the whole site wouldn't be such a bad thing. I'm sure it would increase the work load of the mods for a short period but a lot of it could be done by the software.

We have a telly here in the house and its got numerous channels on it and if i dont like a channel i use my perogative and turn it over to another channel that lights my candle simple really .

I dont go moaning to all and sundry Please sir i dont like the program,

I personally could not give a monkeys what you few think ,when some idiot makes adverse comments about a life threatning procedure that i have had to endure and constantly make derogatory comments about it on an open forum and has done for many months and also bad mouthed some of the moderators friends on here it was about time someone took the culprit to account.

When You have something positive and constructive to add to this forum like a few of us have with many years of experience then maybe I will listen to your views ,in the meantime I suggest you keep your own council.

If you took note you would see that I had lots to offer freely incl stalking and educational articles .

If the moderators feel any different fine I will remove myself from the forum no problem and wont make any further posts whatsoever.

Moderators choice but one thing for sure my views in respect to this individual stands, I hope I have made my point more than clear.

Regards All

Stuart

Edited by Caprelous