DIE HARD WOODYS

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

I was sitting litterly below two woodpidgeons perched in the tree tops earlier i took a shot and it his it on the side by the wing all the bird did was flinch so i took shot agian and hit the same area, the bird just streched its wing then on the 3rd shot i hit the branch and the couple flew off! i have had woodys what hyave been shot in the chest before what left flethers and blood behind but just flew of! MAD

The wings are extremely compact and hard to pentrate........................The arm of the wing (where it folds) is also a no no......The front of the breast is a no no as the feathers are again very very compact, and although they'll loses alot of feathers when hit.....you wont of even grazed them..............................got to drill them in the head if you want a clean kill.............anywhere else will result in woundings.......

and if you cant hit them in the head......then you practice until you can!!!!!!!! :victory:

The wings are extremely compact and hard to pentrate........................The arm of the wing (where it folds) is also a no no......The front of the breast is a no no as the feathers are again very very compact, and although they'll loses alot of feathers when hit.....you wont of even grazed them..............................got to drill them in the head if you want a clean kill.............anywhere else will result in woundings.......

and if you cant hit them in the head......then you practice until you can!!!!!!!! :victory:

I SO AGREE IF YOU CANT DO A KILL SHOT THEN DONT BOTHER :censored:

HOW THE :censored: HELL WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE SHOT AND WOUNDED?

ALL OUR QUARREY DESERVES THE RESPECT TO KILLED CLEAN :censored:

I CANT STAND PEOPLE WHO WOUND THEN WHEN THE QUARREYS SUFFERING WILL FINISH IT OFF MAYBE WITH A KILL SHOT.

IF YOUR UNABLE TO DO THIS THEN KEEP TO SHOOTING CANS :realmad: :realmad:

sounds like you need a bettergun. though if you aim straight upwards the pellets will fly higher than usual. ;):yes: i like my 177's, shot 3 woodies and a maggie yesterday and none were closer than 35 yards... :yes:

I've always found the opposite,if i'm aiming at say a bird high in a tree at 30 yards[my zero point]

I would always aim higher,maybe an inch,as you are firing into the pull of gravity :hmm:

And the opposite when i'm aiming at a rabbit 30 yards away down a banking,then I would

aim an inch low as the pellet is travelling downwards the pull of gravity is less severe.

Was told this years ago and it has always worked for me ;) I'd be interested to hear what some

of the other air rifle lads do in the same situations.

To be Honest any .22 averageing around 12ft.lbs should shatter a wing joint on a woody within range, it sounds like the gun is Under powered! perhaps it needs new seals or new spring?

Many times useing .177 springers and PCP's I have scanned over a pigeon with the scope in a tree in favour of taking a head shot, if this shots not on then its the shoulder if sideways on or the wing rib if facing me, they get necked straight away once downed, this is no different than a whole lot of Pheasants that end up pricked or winged and caught on a drive, its a good man who can Gurrantee a good clean kill every time! expecially with a shotgun ;).....

Guest little_lloyd

Woodchip, I would be the frist to speak ourt agianst any unnessary cruelty to our quarry! Our shoot has maximam respect for ALL living things :yes: I share the sane views as the majoritory of us 'hunting folk' If you carnt secure a decent shot, dont shoot :no: But as i said on a windy day my pellets strayed :censored:

GOOD HUNTING

Edited by little_lloyd