DALES TRIP , last night

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had another run up north last night with the poacherspocket crew,, i had Venus,, they had Don, as i couldnt meet them til late ,, thay had a quik half hour spin with don on the moors befor we even met

these lads probably wont see them where there at either i know andy wont anyway, thats what makes it a better achievement,dedication the hours and miles they put in to get the numbers they do.well don

Who needs money when you've got good dogs you'd only end up on the mead lol you could always steal the bread fa the pakis shop on the way home a full tray lol

how olds the don dog

He'll be 3 on 21st March 2012 mate ;) ..he's Venus's 1/2 brother as they both have the same sire (sadly now gracing the big fields in the sky) but i'm pleased to see his "young guns" are still amassing some handy hauls :thumbs: .ATB Andy. :D

• Like 1

how olds the don dog

He'll be 3 on 21st March 2012 mate ;) ..he's Venus's 1/2 brother as they both have the same sire (sadly now gracing the big fields in the sky) but i'm pleased to see his "young guns" are still amassing some handy hauls :thumbs: .ATB Andy. :D

Would there sire have been Jack?

how olds the don dog

Yeah,it was Johnny...he's bred these two who's amassed 90 bunnies between them last night and also Ginny my lads bitch which we got off Josy who along with Tomo's other bitch Tara caught a 100 rabbits between them in a night and he sired plenty of other dogs who are real handy at one or two other spheres of the game PLUS he was a hard grafting dog until in his 10th season himself..he did and still is doing me proud ;) .ATB Andy. :victory:

• Like 1

That's one hell of a night!! I went to the dales on Sunday, to two different villages. The first place was high up and I was amazed to see so few rabbits. 4 hours with 3 dogs and not a single rabbit in the bag! Yet 2 years ago you could catch more than you could carry. I wonder if the harsh winter has killed some areas off. The 2 nd place held a few but only managed to bag 3. Still, a great day in amazing country side, especially as I'm a fen dweller!

how olds the don dog

Yeah,it was Johnny...he's bred these two who's amassed 90 bunnies between them last night and also Ginny my lads bitch which we got off Josy who along with Tomo's other bitch Tara caught a 100 rabbits between them in a night and he sired plenty of other dogs who are real handy at one or two other spheres of the game PLUS he was a hard grafting dog until in his 10th season himself..he did and still is doing me proud ;) .ATB Andy. :victory:

Thanks Andy.

I remember the shit that was being said about putting Jack to the collie...........maybe all those doubters will eat there words now.Love that Don dog. :thumbs:

Sorry TOMO. :D

• Like 2

Just want to say a big thanks to Tomo for our invite once again,as always we have a bit of banter and me fecking falling and getting absolutely shit up no doubt brought a smirk or two lol..dogs ran grand,i was mighty impressed with Venus last night and have been for her past 6 or 7 trips,holy shit is she running well and her staying power is now becoming part and parcel of her C.V ...that bitch oozes a touch of class where as our cur Don is nothing out the ordinary lol but he can fill the game bag so he does have a purpose of a sort? I'm sure 100+ was well in our compass as i took a battery that lasted all of 20 mins then went to a fecking candle..not sure if i hadn't charged the b*****d thing or if it's knackered but i've only used the darn thing 5 or 6 times? Both Venus and Don were still running grand but we decided that 90 was a good score to end on as we were down to Tomo's 10ah lithium and had given it some stick and as you all know there is virtually no indication of them going flat and if we'd got upto 97/98 or dare i say 99 and it went kaput i dread to think what might of happened lol...top night AGAIN..didn't get home until 9.25 this morning and set of at 8.45pm last night..talk about bolloxed..thanks Tomo and our Kieran said the same he thouroughly enjoyed it.ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 2

That's one hell of a night!! I went to the dales on Sunday, to two different villages. The first place was high up and I was amazed to see so few rabbits. 4 hours with 3 dogs and not a single rabbit in the bag! Yet 2 years ago you could catch more than you could carry. I wonder if the harsh winter has killed some areas off. The 2 nd place held a few but only managed to bag 3. Still, a great day in amazing country side, especially as I'm a fen dweller!

true that , not all that area holds lots of rabbits, it knowing where they are there, you can drive round all night looking, and only get few . Well done Tomo + co , great bag and you got very fit dogs for that job. I went out local got 8 lol, Bryn caught the every run to 8, then missed the last 4, feck knows why . They are hard by me though, light hits them and they fly into the edge, still some grub for the dogs :thumbs:

how olds the don dog

Thanks Andy.

I remember the shit that was being said about putting Jack to the collie...........maybe all those doubters will eat there words now.Love that Don dog. :thumbs:

Sorry TOMO. :D

dont be sorry mate,, hes a good dog, ide have him in my kennel any day