DALES TRIP , last night

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had another run up north last night with the poacherspocket crew,, i had Venus,, they had Don, as i couldnt meet them til late ,, thay had a quik half hour spin with don on the moors befor we even met

these lads probably wont see them where there at either i know andy wont anyway, thats what makes it a better achievement,dedication the hours and miles they put in to get the numbers they do.well don

Who needs money when you've got good dogs you'd only end up on the mead lol you could always steal the bread fa the pakis shop on the way home a full tray lol

thanks for the vote of confidence,, but no thanks,, besides the camera would add 10lbs to my slight frame :icon_redface:

the copying thing was slightly tongue in cheek,, not only that make a film and evrybody slaights them,, :laugh:

fcuk the dvd tomo you get to see your dogs work ,simple as .I dont think you are in it for a pat on the back .Dvds can draw un wanted attention from the wrong kind.Well done on another great nights sport pal

another very good haul there between the dogs and owners,but just out of intrest does the dogs ever get sore ,stoppers,nails,etc after running a night of them sort of numbers up there

mine always suffer more, running daytime on winter wheat,, the loose tiled soil gets in the quiks and makes them sore,,, up there if your on flat thik grass pastures, its kind on there feet,,,,,,of course some parts are worse than others,, especialy some of the boulder strewn hillsids, they can be a problem, and dangerouse

not wrong there tomo had a whippet greyhound x collie few year ago and killed 16 long hares in aweek took 4 weeks for her wicks to get sorted never away from the sea

and good going lads , no matter what takes some doing these kind of tallys . even if these 45 each where caught in sheep paddacks still wud take some doing , the fact that frankle said its up and down ,is i no that them dogs had to work , yes there is easy runs , but common sense tells you that the dogs have earned there corn that night

Edited by doggy bag

how olds the don dog

He'll be 3 on 21st March 2012 mate ;) ..he's Venus's 1/2 brother as they both have the same sire (sadly now gracing the big fields in the sky) but i'm pleased to see his "young guns" are still amassing some handy hauls :thumbs: .ATB Andy. :D

Would there sire have been Jack?

Yeah,it was Johnny...he's bred these two who's amassed 90 bunnies between them last night and also Ginny my lads bitch which we got off Josy who along with Tomo's other bitch Tara caught a 100 rabbits between them in a night and he sired plenty of other dogs who are real handy at one or two other spheres of the game PLUS he was a hard grafting dog until in his 10th season himself..he did and still is doing me proud ;) .ATB Andy. :victory:

Dont Forget those Good Coursing and Longdog lines that are there Andy Via Visa

ie, Captain, Tor Of Dartmoor, Sam The Man 1990 Waterloo Cup Winner, thru Sam you have Sarahs Bunny (last bitch to Win the English Derby ) Ron Hardy, Fearless Action, Master Hardy = all either Derby Winners or Derby Finalists.

Some good blood there on both sides :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

No,i definately wouldn't forget about those Max infact although i know Tomo has in the past put up a bit of a family tree of Visa the dam to his bitch Venus and our Swift i'd appreciate it if either you or he could put it back on again for my benefit please? I can't find it anywhere indeed it maybe wasn't even on here? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

ANDY here you go.......max had a first cross deer/grey, bitch that he mated to ,,, tor of dartmoor this is him below

coursingpics019.jpg

this mating produced this bitch, whos name i have forgot,,, the litter were 1/2 saluki,,,, 1/4 grey......1/4 deerhound

coursingpics018.jpg

this bitch was then mated to Sam the man,, pure grey

coursingpics016.jpg

max kept a bitch from this litter she was called spooner,,, making her 5/8 grey,,,2/8 saluki....1/8 deerhound. i dont have a pic oh her....

spooner was then mated to Captin,,,, this mating is where Visa came from,, who as you know is Venus, and Swifts dam

Captin

coursingpics017.jpg

Visa

pic44.jpg

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 2