DALES TRIP , last night

been lucky to lamp goodplaces with better than average lurchers went down borders in 91 92 93 94, with a beardie half cross and a home bred dogs , beardie cross could do 40 t o50 when fit home bred 30tie odds, good fun, but if you gave them a blow could had done a hundred me and a p douglas had wee dog maggie feild trail winner twice,bred simliar to don caut thirty with her on land simliar to dales after that she started souring retreives to hand but could had caut all nite, so pulled her up ,its hard going but most well bred colie type can do it , got a six year old saluk type who you can run till the cows come home on lamp ,were ever ,our average nite down there was 3 to 4 hours, after they tried to give me 50 p a rabb told them to fech off , same dogs couldnt live on fast qaurry localy after christmas , you dont need a [bANNED TEXT] good dog meduim pace with stamina and a steady head ,it takes it out on a nite but a proper working beardie could cacth back then ,,, if you have never caut big numbers , good to have ago , but most properly bred colie type can do it when fit in its prime saw hancocks catch 28 one nite in 2 hr 30 ,in these deslate places rabbs travel far with [bANNED TEXT] wind and in some feilds there always going sqaut ,thing is a good dog on rabbs was limited back then as it was more legal to catch all sorts , never had another rabbiting dog after that as well to limited all the best ,

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had another run up north last night with the poacherspocket crew,, i had Venus,, they had Don, as i couldnt meet them til late ,, thay had a quik half hour spin with don on the moors befor we even met

these lads probably wont see them where there at either i know andy wont anyway, thats what makes it a better achievement,dedication the hours and miles they put in to get the numbers they do.well don

Who needs money when you've got good dogs you'd only end up on the mead lol you could always steal the bread fa the pakis shop on the way home a full tray lol

well i belive any lurcher thats FIT should be able to put 20 rabbits in the bag on a good windy night with plenty of rabbits to go at... :thumbs:

being fit is key for them hills then,20 still ant a bad score at all ,

just out of interest do you see many foxes where you go,cheers

no, very rarley do we see them

Yeah your right Tomo some f****r would do that .... :whistling: and Nighteyes we maybe tempting fate here but touch wood the dogs have sustained nothing untoward upto press by running on tough terrain in parts of the Dales SO far...fingers crossed i ain't spoke to soon lol..our dog Don cracked a bone in his hind leg last winter and it's always in the back of my mind when he's running but one thing is for certain i won't wrap him up in cotton wool...it's not my style and not his either..what will be will be? ATB Andy. :victory:

• Like 1

another very good haul there between the dogs and owners,but just out of intrest does the dogs ever get sore ,stoppers,nails,etc after running a night of them sort of numbers up there

mine always suffer more, running daytime on winter wheat,, the loose tiled soil gets in the quiks and makes them sore,,, up there if your on flat thik grass pastures, its kind on there feet,,,,,,of course some parts are worse than others,, especialy some of the boulder strewn hillsids, they can be a problem, and dangerouse

• u should make a good dvd id buy one well done lads

nah,,, some fecker would just copy it,, and knock it out cheep, at a show,, or on the net

tomo i think a dvd would be a great idea for you to do i would definatly but one mabey if you get every one to pay a deposit before you make it though so you will still get a few quid before it gets copied am sure the lads on here would trust you ps well done by the way on another great haul

thanks for the vote of confidence,, but no thanks,, besides the camera would add 10lbs to my slight frame :icon_redface:

the copying thing was slightly tongue in cheek,, not only that make a film and evrybody slaights them,, :laugh:

TOMO and team poachers..... Looks like you had a goodun, you must be getting old though to stop short of the ton, besides, a nights work hung on a gate for a daytime pic would look nice and smart ;)

Andy, sorry to hear about Jack. Glad he is still doing you proud ;)

Edited by tia.kins