• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#16 shootlodge

shootlodge

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:02 pm

Raynardman, you have been very open and stated they are farm/captive deer, deer in parks around the country and farm deer still need keeping in check. For you to offer someone the chance for a 1st deer and carcass preparation, I see nothing wrong with the offer.. The ones complaining, don't waste your time with. If the thread gets derailed, I'll remove the posts that offer nothing...

Top man :thumbs:

#17 zx10mike

zx10mike

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:06 pm

is this a fu#kin joke let me get this right i can go and shoot a deer in a field with little or no stalking reqiured then while some other knob prepares the carcass .if i fancy shooting a few rabbits and foxes from the passenger seat of a land rover that can be arranged.you are taking the piss !!! most important thing i ever learn't from proper countrymen my dad and others was never take more than you need !!!!

get a freezer :thumbs:
  • raynardman likes this

#18 Caprelous

Caprelous

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:12 am

I cant see anything wrong in it the lad told what he was offering and he didnt dress it up, he made it quite clear it had nothing to do with stalking ability , and it was a cull situation on a captivated herd,
Captivated herds need culling at certain times , and what better way to do it in a controlled situation, The person who takes up the offer would also benefit in other ways as i am sure the gentlemen making the offer will show the correct procedure in carrying out a gralloch which to a novice can be daunting task, being shown that procedure can only benefit their experience in the future.

As long as it does not count as mark up in a DMQ portfolio that would not be acceptable .
Well done to him I say for making an offer available

Regards
Stu
  • toby1066 and raynardman like this

#19 Malt

Malt

sheep bothering mod

• 24,963 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:33 am

Sometimes some of the folk on here really surprise me. :( Anyone with a slight knowledge of deer know that their population here in the UK cannot control itself naturally.. Although some stalkers see their pursuit as nothing more than an elite form of hunting which gives them status due to it's exclusivity, they perform a necessary task...

What would be the alternative to culling in this case? I suppose the landowners could always take a leaf out of the LACS' book and their failed Exmoor deer park experiment.. :no:

#20 Caprelous

Caprelous

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:09 am

Sometimes some of the folk on here really surprise me. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... Anyone with a slight knowledge of deer know that their population here in the UK cannot control itself naturally.. Although some stalkers see their pursuit as nothing more than an elite form of hunting which gives them status due to it's exclusivity, they perform a necessary task...

What would be the alternative to culling in this case? I suppose the landowners could always take a leaf out of the LACS' book and their failed Exmoor deer park experiment.. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

There isnt one, not a realistic one anyway, Maybe darting and then injection by a vet and then the carcass disposed of by incineration.
The owners /landowners have a legal responsibility for their well being and general health and habitat control, as far as i can see this lad is trying to do exactly that, how he achieves it is up to him.
as long as his actions dont contravene any laws that is and from what I see of it he isnt and the person taking up the offer is accompanied whilst using an estate rifle in close proximity.

Edited by Caprelous, 28 November 2011 - 11:16 am.

• IanB, Malt and raynardman like this

#21 Bootsha

Bootsha

Spitting Image of Shakin Stevens. No!!

• Donator
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:57 pm

Well bloody good on him for making the offer available to a novice, it may just whet their appetite for them to take it up full time. If others can benefit from it then perhaps we should all take a leaf out of his book.

B
  • raynardman likes this

#22 s.e.s.k.u

s.e.s.k.u

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:45 pm

Well bloody good on him for making the offer available to a novice, it may just whet their appetite for them to take it up full time. If others can benefit from it then perhaps we should all take a leaf out of his book.

B

ill second that! and also il add that iv known raynardman for several years now and for anyone who takes up the offer would be in very good company ,top class bloke who is seriously into his sport, and a gentleman to boot! atb sesku :thumbs:
  • raynardman likes this

#23 raynardman

raynardman

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:01 pm

B

ill second that! and also il add that iv known raynardman for several years now and for anyone who takes up the offer would be in very good company ,top class bloke who is seriously into his sport, and a gentleman to boot! atb sesku http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Cheers for that big lad, hope to see you down here again soon :thumbs:

#24 maespant

maespant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:39 pm

Went out with Malc today in order to gain more experience in the Gralloch of the Deer, Gralloched 2, skinned 1 and helped with preparation of meat

Thoroughly enjoyed and an excellent learning opportunity

Thanks again
  • raynardman likes this

#25 raynardman

raynardman

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:00 pm

Went out with Malc today in order to gain more experience in the Gralloch of the Deer, Gralloched 2, skinned 1 and helped with preparation of meat

Thoroughly enjoyed and an excellent learning opportunity

Thanks again

Enjoyed your company James, many thanks for coming, see you again soon hopefully
ATB
Malc

#26 pigeon poo

pigeon poo

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:12 pm

Just came back from a outing with malc aka the leprechaun,took a couple of fallow which we butchered on site with the help and guidance of malc.
In all me and mike had a great time with a very genuine and all round top bloke which we hope to see again.
Thanks again atb
Chris and Mike
  • raynardman likes this

#27 raynardman

raynardman

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:25 pm

Just came back from a outing with malc aka the leprechaun http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... ,took a couple of fallow which we butchered on site with the help and guidance of malc.
In all me and mike had a great time with a very genuine and all round top bloke which we hope to see again.
Thanks again atb
Chris and Mike

Had a great time with 2 great lads who are very welcome again, but next time Chris bring some windowlean for that glass back of yours, body builders 'I've sh*t em' :D
  • pigeon poo likes this

#28 Wolfie

Wolfie

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:11 pm

Sounds like a great opportunity to me . :thumbs:

#29 zx10mike

zx10mike

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:34 pm

Posted Image hi my name is malc the fox was over there but its cleverer than me

Edited by zx10mike, 18 December 2011 - 09:35 pm.

• raynardman likes this

#30 zx10mike

zx10mike

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:42 pm

Posted Image its great living up here on the hill
  • raynardman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users