Garden gun

Nothing much more than about 10 yards on rats/mice/starlings etc

The guns aren't the problem, its the ammunition. Not found very often in shops or advertised for sale but is still commercially produced.

I have two that were given to me. One is a converted rook rifle, the other a break barrel.

Cheers ss

Forgot to ask how loud are the shots,my local gun shop stocks the garden gun ammo,it's not cheap but neither are the 223 rounds everything is going up in price lately,the one I have seen is a break barrel and it folds up quite compact. If not considerably quieter than a 410 I probably won't bother,just fancy a bit of a fun gun so to speak.

Atb

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

Hi

9mm garden gun is a Rimfire, Brass cased shotshell, that's why the shells are so hideously expensive, and hard to find. Also because they are rimfire you can't even reload them.

I had one given to me years ago (1970's), it's not noisy but only good for small birds and rats etc out to about 30 feet, the one I had was an Anschutz single shot bolt action.

I used up the shells given to me with it then traded it in for 410 Webley, (which I still have).

Nice little gun but the ammo-price kills it deader than the Rats you'll get with it.

AndyF

I would go for a moderated 410 every time, just go down to 2inch cartridges brilliant for rats in a buildings, then you have the option of 21/2 or 3inch magnum shells for the rabbits or rats at longer distance,I find half choke works best, unmoderated ones are all over easy to find,