League Against Cruel Sports fires campaigns chief

No surprise the RSPCA have failed to act against them, as they cut from the same cloth.

The cloth is similar but not the same. If you care to take a better look at the issue, you'll find that there is more to it than the RSPCA hierarchy being cut from similar cloth.

All to often people are inclined to take a far to simplistic view of such matters where the potential for conflict and disagreement is great. In doing so they usually miss the really important issues..

Well done, another statement that skirts around the subject but you never actually make a point. You read too much Oscar Wilde.

Pulling quotes from other people neither shows that you are intelligent or have an understanding of the subject that you are discussing.

What actually interests me is the depth of knowledge you have for LACS and it gives the impression you actually admire them. It is easy to sway the brainwashed masses to agree against something they have no knowledge of and that would find hunting adhorant, but on the other hand eat mass produced meat which they have no interest in it's welfare as long as it's cheap.

It wouldn't surprise me if you are part of the league as you can never stay away from the same conversation on whatever forum you are polluting,

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a wanker. Why dont you give it a try you c**t.   FTB

F*ckin league against cruel sports, they are a bunch of ignorant idealists and lunatics and obviously corrupt c*nts as well. No surprise the RSPCA have failed to act against them, as they cut from th

League Against Cruel Sports fires campaigns chief.     The League Against Cruel Sports has dismissed its campaigns and communications director Steve Taylor for gross misconduct following a discipli

League Against Cruel Sports fires campaigns chief.

The League Against Cruel Sports has dismissed its campaigns and communications director Steve Taylor for gross misconduct following a disciplinary investigation concerning expenses claims.

A League Against Cruel Sports spokesman said the charity has referred the case to the police and will not comment further until investigations are completed:

http://www.civilsoci...campaigns_chief

cracking news dismissing their campaigns director for a fraudulent expenses claim that must mean they will cancel all their campaigns against us and leave us alone then.

Not a chance of that happening Dan.

Louise Robertson who was Taylor's deputy for the last 2 years took over the role with immediate effect. the LACS have never been inclined to let any adversity stand in their way.

Not being the educated type I'm not sure if my statement was sarcasm or Socratic irony either way I guess it was far to subtle for you to detect :thumbs:

Dan

It appears more like wishful thinking than either sarcasm or irony. Subtle or otherwise. :thumbs:

The League Against Cruel Sports has dismissed its campaigns and communications director Steve Taylor for gross misconduct following a disciplinary investigation concerning expenses claims.

A League Against Cruel Sports spokesman said the charity has referred the case to the police and will not comment further until investigations are completed:

cracking news dismissing their campaigns director for a fraudulent expenses claim that must mean they will cancel all their campaigns against us and leave us alone then.

Not a chance of that happening Dan.

Louise Robertson who was Taylor's deputy for the last 2 years took over the role with immediate effect. the LACS have never been inclined to let any adversity stand in their way.

They're not ones to let being wrong get in they're way either.

Such is the nature of the beast.

No surprise the RSPCA have failed to act against them, as they cut from the same cloth.

The cloth is similar but not the same. If you care to take a better look at the issue, you'll find that there is more to it than the RSPCA hierarchy being cut from similar cloth.

All to often people are inclined to take a far to simplistic view of such matters where the potential for conflict and disagreement is great. In doing so they usually miss the really important issues..

Well done, another statement that skirts around the subject but you never actually make a point. You read too much Oscar Wilde.

Pulling quotes from other people neither shows that you are intelligent or have an understanding of the subject that you are discussing.

What actually interests me is the depth of knowledge you have for LACS and it gives the impression you actually admire them. It is easy to sway the brainwashed masses to agree against something they have no knowledge of and that would find hunting adhorant, but on the other hand eat mass produced meat which they have no interest in it's welfare as long as it's cheap.

It wouldn't surprise me if you are part of the league as you can never stay away from the same conversation on whatever forum you are polluting,

If you actually read what is posted you'll find that I make many points. I have only read Oscar Wild once and that wasn't through choice. I have certainly never quoted him. As for my intelligence and understanding of the subject both are intact, and well developed.

As for the LACS. I work on the sound advice offered by Don Corleone to his son Michael. Keep your friends close but keep your enemy's closer. If its so easy to sway the brainwashed masses why hasn't it been achieved by the pro hunting lobby. Are you claiming that only the uneducated masses eat mass produced cheap meat products and that each and every dogman only ever eats meat that has been hunted or that which is sympathetically reared in as natural and organic a way as possible. Trotting out such glib, throw away examples has a tendency to bog one down in a mire that you never realised existed.As for pollution. I leave it to others to keep coming out with the same old ineffective, unsubstantiated, unjustifiable bull shit. Why some choose to immerse themselves in such crap and believe they smell as sweet as roses is still a mystery. Now that's what I call pollution! ;)

What I cant get my head round H and am sure you will agree. After viewing that video and further investigation that went on into the LACS cruelty, where has the investigation got to. there havent been any further updates on the matter , Have they reduced the numbers of the herd or had them put down totally or are they still suffering or what?

I know like me you hate to see such cruelty going on and even more so coming from an organisation that proclaims to the world its only concern is the well being of wild animals, so why hasnt something been done about it, ?

Its all gone very quite since these reports have come out .

Personally I could not give a shite about this idiot loosing his job or any other fecker to do with this organization but those deer that are supposedly are in there care I do.

You know how subtle I can be with my views as a lead fart i am told :icon_redface:

Edited by Caprelous

2 Questions do landowners have a legal responsibility for the health of deer on their land#? and by ignoring the obvious health problems in the herd have you committed an offence given that they are wild?

#Edit; other than a responsibility to inform of suspected TB

Edited by danw

2 Questions do landowners have a legal responsibility for the health of deer on their land#? and by ignoring the obvious health problems in the herd have you committed an offence given that they are wild?

In part to your question Dan a further question arises Are these deer wild ? or captivated?

Not sure Dan but I do know that if there is evidence or suspected evidence of T.B being present in wild deer then the state Vet has to be informed before any carcass is put into the food chain.

Irrespective of there being TB present in the herd, further animals such as badgers,foxes,hares , rabbits or hedgehogs, or any other mammals transient to the area are more than likely to spread the disease to other animals such as cattle etc.

I would have thought it prudent that the herd be destroyed to prevent further outbreaks and suffering but as per your question I am not sure but a good point to raise.

Stu

Edited by Caprelous

If you actually read what is posted you'll find that I make many points. I have only read Oscar Wild once and that wasn't through choice. I have certainly never quoted him. As for my intelligence and understanding of the subject both are intact, and well developed.

As for the LACS. I work on the sound advice offered by Don Corleone to his son Michael. Keep your friends close but keep your enemy's closer. If its so easy to sway the brainwashed masses why hasn't it been achieved by the pro hunting lobby. Are you claiming that only the uneducated masses eat mass produced cheap meat products and that each and every dogman only ever eats meat that has been hunted or that which is sympathetically reared in as natural and organic a way as possible. Trotting out such glib, throw away examples has a tendency to bog one down in a mire that you never realised existed.As for pollution. I leave it to others to keep coming out with the same old ineffective, unsubstantiated, unjustifiable bull shit. Why some choose to immerse themselves in such crap and believe they smell as sweet as roses is still a mystery. Now that's what I call pollution! ;)

You must be talking about the same throw away examples as your experience of coursing with no substancial evidence of the mention or your experience within country pursuits.

As a nation, you have been known to say the same, we have become more urbanised and with that an understanding of the natural world is lost. You have said it is a change of morals and ethics, which can be described as ignorance and dumbing down. People are more likely to relate deer to Bambi rather than venison on a plate. The nation has become soft, you just need to look at the emergence of the Animal rights organisations which have never had such a voice.

Even Liz Jones(journalist), your favourite, has jumped onto the band wagon, having dairy cows which once have fulfilled their usage will be left to live out their days in field instead of slaughtered.

You have previously quoted this being progress, if you are progressing towards a X factor watching, fast food eating zombie nation.

Are you a wannabe politicion?

In relation to the treatment of deer at Baronsdon it only tells us what we already sadly know that the League are truly clueless about nature, the countryside and animal welfare. As are also in my opinion the RSPCA who just seem to flout their authority left right and centre and who are operated by clueless and jumped up teams of little Hitler’s, it is amazing that people don't see the truth behind these organisations’ but I guess that's life and sadly these groups will keep recruiting fanatic supporters and volunteers who fall foul of their ideology.

In relation to the case of Deer at Baronsdown the League should lose it's status as a registered charity for such a shocking case of animal neglect and cruelty, if anybody kept livestock or pets like that the RSPCA would be in there like a shot, but I guess it is ok to behave like that if you have are on the right side and have the right views, oh to be born in an earlier time ;)

Rant Over lol, wishing you all great fun with your country pursuits!

In part to your question Dan a further question arises Are these deer wild ? or captivated?

Not sure Dan but I do know that if there is evidence or suspected evidence of T.B being present in wild deer then the state Vet has to be informed before any carcass is put into the food chain.

Irrespective of there being TB present in the herd, further animals such as badgers,foxes,hares , rabbits or hedgehogs, or any other mammals transient to the area are more than likely to spread the disease to other animals such as cattle etc.

I would have thought it prudent that the herd be destroyed to prevent further outbreaks and suffering but as per your question I am not sure but a good point to raise.

Stu

It is interesting I guess the point I was trying to make is that Baronsdown is only 250 acres and is unfenced and given red deer are transient would lacs as the landowner be responsible for the herds welfare should that go to court and a precedent be set it would have far reaching repercussions many I would suggest the lacs/rspca would not like.

Stu

It is interesting I guess the point I was trying to make is that Baronsdown is only 250 acres and is unfenced and given red deer are transient would lacs as the landowner be responsible for the herds welfare should that go to court and a precedent be set it would have far reaching repercussions many I would suggest the lacs/rspca would not like.

I think the case would be judged on if it could be proved sufficiently on if its a captivated herd or not, if its regarded in law that its a wild herd free to roam without visual boundaries for them to do so then as the law stands ,the herd dosent belong to them in anyway shape or form , but if it is captivated and fenced stopping ingress or egress then they do have a duty for the health of the herd. But not knowing the full facts here because know twats saying anything as to what the definitive situation is it all appears to be at stalemate. Needless to say in the mean time these animals are suffering while the inquiry goes on.

Any decent org that was faced with this scenario would allow someone on to either dart them humanely and then dispatch by injection if other means of control are against their ideals, but we all know they dont operate like that dont we , but personally i point the finger of shame firmly in their direction for letting this suffering continue.

Edited by Caprelous

What I cant get my head round H and am sure you will agree. After viewing that video and further investigation that went on into the LACS cruelty, where has the investigation got to. there havent been any further updates on the matter , Have they reduced the numbers of the herd or had them put down totally or are they still suffering or what?

I know like me you hate to see such cruelty going on and even more so coming from an organisation that proclaims to the world its only concern is the well being of wild animals, so why hasnt something been done about it, ?

Personally I could not give a shite about this idiot loosing his job or any other fecker to do with this organization but those deer that are supposedly are in there care I do.

You know how subtle I can be with my views as a lead fart i am told :icon_redface:

Stu

AFAIA There has been little or no change at Barons Down. I believe that the warden has intervened with the very worst Btb ridden deer and has shot them but I believe the number culled is a insignificant amount.TBH its been some time since I bothered to make enquiries. Being thoroughly hacked off with the situation as it was.

Stu

AFAIA There has been little or no change at Barons Down. I believe that the warden has intervened with the very worst Btb ridden deer and has shot them but I believe the number culled is a insignificant amount.TBH its been some time since I bothered to make enquiries. Being thoroughly hacked off with the situation as it was.

Someone needs to look into it then do you not think?

Do you know any stalkers who stalk close by or land owners who this is effecting?

Don't you support them?

On 99.9% of their policies and ideas no. The only thing I share with them is a view on deer coursing and the all round benefit of its ban. Hardly what I would regards as support in its widest sense. support.

can you enlighten us all to your first hand experience of deer coursing without sidestepping the question please. no need for your drivel, what you saw with your own eyes as its how i tend to form my beliefs.

You must be talking about the same throw away examples as your experience of coursing with no substancial evidence of the mention or your experience within country pursuits.

As a nation, you have been known to say the same, we have become more urbanised and with that an understanding of the natural world is lost. You have said it is a change of morals and ethics, which can be described as ignorance and dumbing down. People are more likely to relate deer to Bambi rather than venison on a plate. The nation has become soft, you just need to look at the emergence of the Animal rights organisations which have never had such a voice.

Even Liz Jones(journalist), your favourite, has jumped onto the band wagon, having dairy cows which once have fulfilled their usage will be left to live out their days in field instead of slaughtered.

You have previously quoted this being progress, if you are progressing towards a X factor watching, fast food eating zombie nation.

Are you a wannabe politicion?

No I was referring to you use of the trite brainwashed masses example. I have a great deal experience of coursing both hare and deer along with many, if not most of the country sports. Those that know me know that to be true, those that don't know me will just have to whistle. :whistling:

True we have become an urbanised society, peoples connection with the land has diminished. Although I'm not so sure that this so called understanding of the "natural world" that you harp on about was that great before the industrial revolution saw the mass migration to the cities and towns. Schooling, travel, and general levels of awareness of the outside world was not as readily available , widely encountered or considered necessary.

So you have to be hard in order understand the moral and ethical rights and wrongs. An interesting concept but one that is philosophically and practically at odds with the reality of modern society.

I don't believe I have ever termed Liz Jones a favourite of mine, nor do I consider such impractical and uneconomic solutions to the end of a dairy cows life worthy of the phrase progress. I suugest that your eagerness to find something to hang your hat on has caused you to jump to yet more wrong conclusions.

I don't watch X factor nor do I eat fast food other than an occasional pizza from a fantastic independent pizzeria. No I have absolutely no desire to become a politician.