My Hawking day

Guest Leveller

Guest what a flight

hey leveller :D ,you wanna make sure his hawks are o.k with ferrets if your

taking your own,you don't want them ending up under the miscellaneous in his hawking journal :unsure: :11: ,you still meet people with hawks who don't keep ferrets,no wonder there game count and sport especially drys up along with the warm autumn afternoons...

Ferrets mean flights :good:

[

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Leveller

Excellent pic there WAF

What more could you want? some Ferrets, a magnificent Harris a few Bunnies and an Opinel :good::good: only thing missing is a hip flask full of a nice single malt :good::good:

Guest what a flight
What more could you want? some Ferrets, a magnificent Harris a few Bunnies and an Opinel

A harris and a lamp are a good team too leveller ;) ,

they can catch other stuff besides rabbits by night ..but i don't wanna bring the sport into disrepute :icon_redface: :11: :whistle: .........

W A F...

[]

Guest what a flight

Our Worst injurys have happened in the day,

broken leg{expensive but a great hunter so worth the money getting her fixed},sprained wing 2 months lay up, and a couple of bouts of heavy concussion mostly caused when locked on and about to put in the feet the quarry trys a last ditch manouver to save its self by trying to bring the raptor to grief through a collision pays of sometimes ....

W A F........

Guest what a flight

Still in the moult flynn,roll on september ;) ...

Only got the gamehawk peregrine falcon,and the dirthawk brown crow lev :D .

though got a wedge burning a hole in my pocket for another falcon in the next week or so either a pere teircel or even a hybrid :unsure: ....

W A F........

i have heard good things about the Gyr/Prairie Hybrid......supose to be very agressive towards its quarry & very fast as wel, been told they take fur & feather & can be flown off the fist like a short wing.

Cant wait till my harris has got a new set of feathers....been shooting instead with the air rifle :hunter:

Guest what a flight

Theres only 1 maybe 2 hybrids i would consider over a teircel pere daz,first and this is what i think i'll end up with is a gyr x pere or the pere x prairie :good:,both make hard hitting gamehawks,flown waiting on over my wire,the only way i'de have them ;) ....

W A F......

A hard won kill.

Photo0015.jpg